Sign in with
Your question

Freezing Issues occurs when running 2HDD + 1 SSD

Last response: in Storage
July 13, 2012 2:19:40 PM

Hi,

Brought a new intel 330 SSD recently for my 4.5 years old computer. However after I installed it and running it together with another 2HDD, freezing problems would starts to occur. Right now my temp. solution to run 3 HDD is to try my luck to keep restarting until it gets into the windows without any freeze. Below are some of the freezing/stuck cases.

#01- Booting up the computer it get stuck at the loading windows logo screen
#02- Whenever i do a restart of computer, 80% chances i will get stuck at the loading of windows logo screen
#03- Desktop will freeze sometimes even when booted to the desktop screen.

Therefore would like to understand whats the problem lies behind, is it because my motherboard unable to run 2 or more HDD? Thanks guys

Here's my specs that may be useful:
Mainboard : BIOSTAR Group G41-M7 (AHCI Not supported) 4x SATA II Port
Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2666 MHz
Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
Hard Disk : INTEL SSDSC2CT120A3 ATA Device (120GB)
Hard Disk : Western Digital WD5000AAKS-00A7B0 ATA Device (500GB)
Hard Disk : HITACHI deskstar HDT8725025VLA380 SATA II (250GB)
Physical Memory : 2048 KB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
a c 129 G Storage
July 13, 2012 2:52:44 PM

could be a bios issue with your mb or as chipset issue with a mb that old...all i can say is try and put the newest bios on the mb and use the newest mb chipset drivers from intel. in the bios also try and set every port to sata only and see if that helps. if not
you may want to think of putting in a sata card and running the ssd and hard drive off of a newer card and two data drives off of the onboard sata.
m
l
July 13, 2012 3:04:20 PM

Bios update would be good, also check the firmware of the actual ssd.
m
l
July 13, 2012 3:39:45 PM

Ok guys shall try update my bios and chipset post back here again thanks

Edited: Guys, have tried updating both the bios and chipset but the problems still occurs. btw my SSD is up to date as well. Right now even i tried running 1HDD and 1SSD, the freezing may occurs too. Is it the SSD im using wasnt really compatible with my MB? thanks
m
l
Related resources
!