Pegatron M2N68-LA

I have a Pegatron M2N68-LA motherboad what wattage can it handle for my prccessor?
9 answers Last reply
More about pegatron m2n68
  1. If this is in an HP board, it will handle up to 89W processors.

The best CPU it supports is the Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 89W. It also supporst any AMD Athlon 64 & AMD Sempron processor with a speed rating below 4000+.
  2. thanks that's what i thought. I've decided to go with an AMD Athlon X2 2.9 Ghz little oder but all the power i need in this dino.

my next question is what kind of powerr supply do i have i don't know where to look other than the proccessor it's a stock HP pavillion A4313w
  3. I don't think you'll really need to upgrade your PSU for a CPU upgrade - the HP Pavilion A4313w has a 250W PSU which would be adequate.
  4. my question isn't for my CPU, I need to know how much juice i have for a graphics card, and what would be a good one to put in that will keep me from switching the PSU?
  5. I wouldn't really use anything more power hungry than an HD 5670.
  6. can i get the 1GB version or will that be too demanding on the PSU
  7. If you're playing at 1680 x 1050 resolution or below then there's no real need for a 1 GB version, but if you do it should work, it's going pretty close though (the 512 MB & 1 GB version consume around the same amount of power.)

If you want to play it safe you're better off with an HD 5570.
  8. that graphics card requires 300w i am pretty sure that i only have 250 but am not 100%. at this point i figure i better just go ahead and install the new power supply or i'll end up having to upgrade it anyway when the 512 becomes obsolete in a year or 2. damn blizzard and my love for starcraft
  9. It's recommended a 300 W PSU, but @ legitreviews their test computer (Core i7 975 @ stock) with an HD 5670 only used around 226 W load. You've most likely got a less hungry CPU, but then it's quite risky if your system say consumed 200 W.

Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs