london_calling

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Hi

I have a 6B300S0 with a load of data on it that I am desperately trying to get off it. The transfer rate has dropped to almost nothing and the system become really unstable. HD tune returns these errors:

Reallocated Sector Count - failed, the scan revealed only one 114MB sector damaged...

Is there anyway to rescue the data?

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Interesting that you get some throughput from a damaged drive. I would go with the second poster's recommendation. Are you copying files off it from within the original machine (or is it the C: on the original machine)? if that is the case I would suggest taking it out of the computer and copying the files on a different system. Maybe there's something wrong with your computer's controller chip. I haven't had a drive become sluggish like this unless the system was infected with a ton of malware.

london_calling

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Was having a myriad of problems, the latest was a windows disk error which prompted me to get everything off it (I trying to crash plan it all but that seemed to start causing problems too...)

Started again with a clean install of windows on a third drive, and all pulling it all off on to a USB HDD as even the c drive has shown some errors in HD tune. Fully suspect the board or something to be the problem but I don't have access to another rig at the moment - unless its possible to connect it to a laptop some how?

Currently transferring at 2.58 kb/sec...

london_calling

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Cheers all

I tried to run a full scan disk but it just crashed an hour in to it. Pretty sure the rest of the data isn't vital, so I'll remove it and leave it for a bit. Back up back up back up...

Can anyone shed any light on this benchmark - doesn't look good to me but then I haven't a clue. Using it as my c drive.

Would I be better off using this?

John