Installing SSD as a second hard drive with windows 7 as os

kevin1961

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Hi guys just wondering if anyone can point a bit of a novice in the right direction with my second hard drive problem

At present i have 500 gig hard drive with xp home as os but i wanted to have a second hard drive with windows 7 installed on it, so i decided to try a SSD its only 64 GIG but will do for running my couple of games that need windows 7 to work

so i installed the SSD in my pc but it did not give me the option to format the SSD it just booted up as normal and when i checked in my computor to see if the SSD drive was showing up ? there it was showing as local disc (Q:) but it will not let me access it apparently Q IS NOT ACCESSABLE ACCESS IS DENIED :heink:

my question is of course how do i set up the pc to boot up showing both hard drives and give me the choice of which to run and also which to format ? or is it possible to even do that ?

thanks for any help

before you can use it you must create a partition and then format it. you can do this from the disk management tool in windows xp. if you want to install windows 7 however, you can skip that and do that during the installation process but you must set your computer to boot from the windows 7 installation media.

TRENDING THREADS