Sign in with
Your question

Strange delay after a couple of minutes ingame

Last response: in CPUs
July 29, 2010 10:29:47 PM

Hello,

I felt like picking up some gaming today and installed Counter-strike and Battlefield: Bad company 2. The games works fine the first 5 minutes you play them, but after that I get a huge delay for like 3 seconds on everything I do. (I recently formated my PC, and before that these games worked just fine.)

So i tried to figure out what was wrong myself. I checked these things:

-The graphic drivers are up to date.
-Temperature on CPU is around 50-60 degrees celsius (around 130 Farenheit).
-Temperature on GPU is around 80C (175F)
-I cleaned the inside of the computer from dust etc.

I'm not sure if these temperatures are as they should? An other thing i noticed which i highly think might be the problem is that the CPU is using 95-100% of it's capacity while in game.

Any suggestions what to do?

/Take2
a b à CPUs
July 29, 2010 10:34:26 PM

what are your system specs?
Related resources
a b à CPUs
July 30, 2010 3:55:38 AM

Temps look OK, cpu utilization does not. Is the game using all of that cpu, or is there something else running?
a c 143 à CPUs
July 30, 2010 2:59:46 PM

I can't see your pics at work.
Are these legally licensed copies of the game(s)? Depending on their source, could you have also picked up a parasite along with them?
July 30, 2010 9:22:32 PM

Onus said:
I can't see your pics at work.
Are these legally licensed copies of the game(s)? Depending on their source, could you have also picked up a parasite along with them?

Nah, both games are bought, so they are both virus free. Scanned my computer several times aswell without finding anything.
a c 143 à CPUs
July 30, 2010 10:44:55 PM

Check the size of your paging file (amount of virtual memory). Make sure it is enough; either leave it at system-managed, or set a custom size equal to up to 2x your amount of RAM. Then, make sure your hard drive never goes to sleep. You may be able to tell if the latter is the problem if, during the delays, you hear your hard drive spin up.
August 3, 2010 7:36:52 PM

Onus said:
Check the size of your paging file (amount of virtual memory). Make sure it is enough; either leave it at system-managed, or set a custom size equal to up to 2x your amount of RAM. Then, make sure your hard drive never goes to sleep. You may be able to tell if the latter is the problem if, during the delays, you hear your hard drive spin up.

It turned out that the problem was very easily solved. I had recently made my windows 7 genuine by using some kind of program. Apparently there is a program that came with that "crack" that starts up in the background everytime i boot called windows-something that i somehow missed when i was checking the processes. If i close that program down before i enter a game it works fine. Atleast it has so far. I'll return if the problem returns :) 

Thanks for taking time helping me!

Over and out
!