Question on pci slots

Status
Not open for further replies.

prizner

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I am looking at the Asus Rampage III extreme for my new motherboard however I want a board that allows me to run my sli or crossfire setup with space between the cards ( slot 1 and 3 ) my question is will this board do that and still support 16 for each lane and Second how do you read the info given.

4 x PCI Express 2.0 x16
(support x16; x16/x16; x16/x8/x8 and x8/x8/x8/x8 configurations) <----that part confuses me I under stand 4 was sli gets 8x each lane and 3 way has 16x one lane and 2 lanes 8x but whats that first part mean.

Thanks for your help

Solution

The ASUS Rampage III Extreme Motherboard manual has a configuration table that shows that the PCI Express x16_1 slot and the PCI Express x16_3 slot should be used when using two...

The ASUS Rampage III Extreme Motherboard manual has a configuration table that shows that the PCI Express x16_1 slot and the PCI Express x16_3 slot should be used when using two graphics cards in SLI or CrossFireX mode. Both slots will be operating at x16.

That will give you two slot widths of empty space between the two graphics cards.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.