I have an Alienware computer which I purchased 13 months ago. <unfortunately I had a 12 month warrantee> I have done minor hardware upgrades on other computers in the past without issue, but this time I have a problem... I upgraded the power supply, memory, and CPU and now the monitor will not show anything. I wished I would have installed one component at a time which might have made troubleshooting a little easier.
- I called the company of the new power supply and they had me jumper different pins and decided the power supply was fine.
- I reinstalled the old power supply, memory, and CPU and still cannot get anything to show up on the monitor.
- I tried a hard drive and SATA cable from another computer with no success.
- All fans work and removed & replaced mobo battery to reset.
- No sound from speakers except "thump" from initial power on.
- Removing the DVI cable from the video card the screen will say "Check Signal Cable". When I plug it back in it will go black again and then to "Power Save" soon after.
After browsing these forums and doing my own amatuer troubleshooting, I fear I could have hurt my ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 Intel X58 motherboard. Hope not. Not cheap and I'm now broke from buying the upgrades...
Any help in guiding me through troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated. Any questions I can answer on hardware, etc, to help in your diagnosis, please ask...