Video Board Problem with Intel DH55HC Motherboard

wwe432

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
The integrated graphics works on the DH55HC motherboard but it won't switch to external graphics when I put a graphics card into the PCIe x16 slot.
I've tried switching to external graphics in BIOS but even though it shows that it is switched the device manager still shows Intel Integrated graphics. I tried another known good graphics card but got the same results. Another DH55HC has the opposite problem, it will only work with an external graphics card regardless of BIOS setting! Could this be a BIOS problem or defective motherboards. i3 540 MP's, MSI N210-MDS512H graphics cards, Windows 7 Ultimate.

wwe432

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011

The problem is that I get Intel Integrated graphics from the motherboard video connector whether or not a graphics
card is in the PCIe x16 slot. I get no video from the connector on the graphics card. I want to use an external graphics card, but the device manager doesn't see it. This is my second computer with the DH55HC. The first board has the opposite problem. It has to have the graphics card, the integrated graphics doesn't work in it. Both computers have the i3 540 microprocessor which has the integrated graphics. I have sent board #2 back to Newegg for warranty replacement.