[Urgent] Laptop Wireless NOT WORKING

G

Hello,
I just formatted my Compaq Presario v3000 and now it won't recognize any wireless connections. My Network Adapter is Intel PRO/100 VE Network Connection, I checked Device Manager but it says the device is working properly. I have Vista Home Basic. I checked both HP's site and Intel's site on another laptop and downloaded what looked like the latest driver for my network adapter, I installed them and my laptop still wont work. In Device Manager under 'other devices' Base System Device x3, Network Controller, and Unknown Device all have yellow exclamation marks. When I click those, device manager says "The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28)" Please I really need some help.

G

Check the HP site for the full driver pack for this model and reinstall them. Restart the computer a few times to sort out resources.

The message suggests that a motherboard feature lacks a driver (or has a resource problem) and this is stopping the devices it's relevant to working (thus the unknown devices).