Sign in with
Your question

AMD Phenom X2 550 and Mobo running extremely hot

Last response: in CPUs
July 30, 2010 2:24:22 AM

Hey guys

I got my AMD phenom x2 550 black edition unlocked to four cores and overclocked to 3.4. I have a GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H motherboard and on idle both are running really hot.

The CPU is running at 52 C and the mobo is at 62 C on idle. If I have running heavy programs it can get up to 60+ and close to 80 C for the motherboard.

I am using a stock cooler and two 120mm antec case fans. Any suggestions on how I can decrease the temp, especially for the board, which is always running hot. What would be the best CPU cooler.

Thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
July 30, 2010 2:30:01 AM

Get CoreTemps and double check?

How much are you willing to spend BTW?
m
l
July 30, 2010 3:26:19 AM

CoreTemps doesn't give me a reading but I have used other monitors and they have given the same reading. I would say I would spend probably 50-60 bucks.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
July 30, 2010 1:02:03 PM

thepiecemaka said:
Hey guys

I got my AMD phenom x2 550 black edition unlocked to four cores and overclocked to 3.4. I have a GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H motherboard and on idle both are running really hot.

The CPU is running at 52 C and the mobo is at 62 C on idle. If I have running heavy programs it can get up to 60+ and close to 80 C for the motherboard.

I am using a stock cooler and two 120mm antec case fans. Any suggestions on how I can decrease the temp, especially for the board, which is always running hot. What would be the best CPU cooler.

Thanks

]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4052/fansd.jpg

in that screener, it showing your core is at 0C...thats just wrong....it is the same thing as no temp result in coretemp....did u try HWiNFO32? take a screener of the monitor window and post it here :) 
m
l
July 31, 2010 2:00:29 PM

sarwar_r87 said:
in that screener, it showing your core is at 0C...thats just wrong....it is the same thing as no temp result in coretemp....did u try HWiNFO32? take a screener of the monitor window and post it here :) 

Here is a screener with HWINFO32, I have no idea what Temperature 3 is.

m
l
!