Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Motherboards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
April 24, 2010 12:14:33 AM

:pfff: 

Hello,
I forgot to enable motherboard's on-board graphics before I took out my AGP ATI Graphics Card.

Therefore, new PCI Express Card was not recognized because drivers weren't added beforehand.

Didn't enable on-board graphics and there are no jumpers to enable it on motherboard.

And after putting back the ATI Card I was using... it is obviously not recognizing that now either.

Is there a way to enable on-board grapics if you can't see anything on the monitor?

I'm using Service Pack III for Win XP Professional.

More about : graphics card board graphics

a c 1644 U Graphics card
a c 1516 V Motherboard
April 24, 2010 12:27:03 AM

To enable your onboard remove the discrete card and reset CMOS.
m
l
April 24, 2010 12:30:45 AM

rolli59 said:
To enable your onboard remove the discrete card and reset CMOS.

I'm sorry, but what's the discrete card?
m
l
Related resources
a c 1644 U Graphics card
a c 1516 V Motherboard
April 24, 2010 12:35:27 AM

Your AGP or PCIexpress card.(add on card)
m
l
April 24, 2010 12:43:04 AM

oh okay. will do. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I just took a minute to eat - i've been at this for two 1/2 hours already.

I will write back either way to let you know if I need your expertise again... or if it worked.

m
l
a c 75 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
April 24, 2010 2:16:25 AM

dee716 said:
:pfff: 

Hello,
I forgot to enable motherboard's on-board graphics before I took out my AGP ATI Graphics Card.
Therefore, new PCI Express Card was not recognized because drivers weren't added beforehand.
Didn't enable on-board graphics and there are no jumpers to enable it on motherboard.
And after putting back the ATI Card I was using... it is obviously not recognizing that now either.
Is there a way to enable on-board grapics if you can't see anything on the monitor?
I'm using Service Pack III for Win XP Professional.

Even when the onboard graphics is disabled, your PC should have initial display while booting if you connect your monitor to the onboard display output. In this case, go to the BIOS menu where you can enable the onboard graphics and enable it. Hit F10 ( or whatever it is that will save your BIOS change ) and reboot.
m
l
April 24, 2010 5:38:10 AM

Nothing has worked. I have given up for the night - it's 1:22 a.m. and perhaps with a fresh head tomorrow I will try again.

I am now wondering if something is wrong with the motherboard. There wasn't before I took out the AGP ATI Graphics Card.

I did disconnect the Sata Hard Drive and connected it the device that enables you to power it up and view it on another computer - forgot what it's actually called. I thought that I could somehow install the drivers the new PCIExpress Card came with on the C drive and all would be well. It wasn't!

I removed both graphics cards - the old ATI one and the brand new Saphire one (SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770 100283-3L Video Card). Hooked up a VGA cable from old montior to on-board graphics, shut the system down from the back of the computer, removed the CMOS battery, waited five minutes, put the battery back, turned the back switch on, powered up the computer and tried to access the BIOS... didn't happen. The whole point to this was a brand new 27" HDMI monitor (ASUS MT276HE Black 27" 2ms(GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor).

So... the hard drive works when I viewed it on my laptop with that usb/sata device thing. The new monitor works because when I finally gave up, I just used the VGA cable and hooked it to a laptop to see how the freakin monitor looked.

There are no beeps when the computer powers up, but the fans work. Could the motherboard have gotten fried or something?

Any other ideas would be most appreciated; however, I gotta sleep now. But... I will be back at it bright and early I'm sure.

Thanks for all the advice and if you have any more... I want it.

Until tomorrow...
Dina. :pt1cable:  :sleep: 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
April 24, 2010 7:07:13 AM

It sounds like you failed to reset the CMOS.

You have to connect the CLEAR CMOS jumpers. Believe me there is a spot on the motherboard for the jumpers.

Not having any beeps is the first hurdle to clear before you start looking for the BIOS screen since you are also not getting a signal to the monitor.

reseat your RAM, go with one stick for now. reseat both power connectors to the motherboard.

m
l
April 24, 2010 11:33:28 AM

OH! Thanks... I will try that; I can't wait. BUT... I just got up and gotta have my coffee first. I will post results. Thank you.
m
l
April 25, 2010 4:30:32 AM

Didn't work for me. Do not know what I'm doing wrong. Gave up; gave computer to my friend's dad and he will try. I usually never give up, but I just cannot spend anymore time on it. Eight hours in two days is quite enough for me. There has to be something else going on here. So... he will reseat EVERYTHING one by one and figure it out.

Thank you all for your expert advise. I appreciate all the help and this website very much.

Take care for now, until the next stumper for me...
Dina.
m
l