Sign in with
Your question

Windows 8 install issues

Last response: in Windows 8
March 6, 2012 2:42:56 AM

Had just install Windows 8 consumer preview. However am facing the problem,

1. Audio device not working. Its being replaced by MS drivers. Tried installed Realtek Drivers running in compatibility mode (window7) does not help. Still unable to enable audio services.
2. It cannot detect DVD ROM and additional HDD (Can be detected in BIOS Level)

Am running 4GB Ram on a Gigabyte 965-DS3P mobo with a Samsung SATA DVD WriteMaster.
ACHI is not enable.

Any advice?

More about : windows install issues

March 22, 2012 9:40:08 PM

If you want to know How to install Windows 8 on VMWare u can follow those steps:
Step 1.
Download Windows 8 installer from the official Microsoft Windows website - https://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/index.php
Step 2.
The process to download VMWare Workstation is bit tedious. You need to first register in their website during the process. In addition, before you can download the software, you need to obtain a product key by following the instructions you receive from the automated email from VMWare.

Step 3.
Install VMWare Workstation
The installation is a pretty straight forward process. During installation, you will have to provide the VMWare product key you received in the email. (I deleted the email without reading, but luckily I could recover it from the Trash folder).

Step 4. Launch VMWare Workstation.
You can find the shortcut to launch VMWare Workstation on your desktop or start menu.

Step 5. Create new Virtual Machine by clicking on the appropriate link in the welcome screen or in the File menu.

Step 6. When you create a new virtual machine, choose the option "I will install the operating system later.". The option to install from the Windows 8 installer ISO image may not work since VMWare cannot recognize the Windows 8 operating system yet.

you can find the rest of this article here
m
l
!