Sign in with
Your question

I5 750 compatible with a p5kpl-cm asus mobo?

Last response: in Systems
May 27, 2010 6:58:49 PM

Is it possilbe to install and run a i5 750 cpu with a p5kpl-cm asus Mobo??? if not can anyone tell me why i get a score of ZERO in 3dmark vantage with my current rig, i just spent 250 on a 4890 and i cant score with 3rdmark vantage. my current build: e5200 OC to 3.4ghz, Kingston ram, 2gig@ 667mhz, sapphire Radeon 4890 1gig, Acer 22" 1680x1050 max res, W7 ultimate. Funny thing is i can run just cause 2 nearly on max settings with not much of a fps dip during heavy gameplay....as well as other games like fallout 3 wich i run maxed out by default without any probz. Not sure whats up with my 3dmark vantage score but during the cpu test my fps drops to a horriffing low fps, im guessing my cpu is on its way out. I bout this rig used so who knows how much battering it's been through. i guess i'd like to know if its worth buying a new cpu....if i can install it that is.
a c 84 B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
May 27, 2010 7:02:53 PM

It's not compatibile. The sockets aren't the same.

What does it matter if an arbitrary score isn't high? The actual tasks are running quite well. No one really cares...

That CPU is certainly on it's way out, but you're looking more at a full rebuild anyway. No reason to build on dead tech.
m
l
May 27, 2010 7:13:37 PM

Thx for replying, so basically i'm looking at a brand new rig minus my 4890 and my 600watt power supply wich i just purchased. I really dont care about the 3dmark score...i was just kinda puzzled to seeing a great big fat ZERO but w/e you and i see eye to eye with them stupid programs. I was just thrown off by a none existing score wich made me trip out a lil.... Any ideas on what mobo and ram i should buy with the i5 750? and if i do buy all this *** can i keep my old Hard drive? im not lookin to spend more money on *** i dont need, help would be greatlly appreciated. I'm kinda of a computer noob and i work hard for my money. Thx.
m
l
Related resources
a c 84 B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
May 27, 2010 7:20:26 PM

You can keep your old HDD (and everything else but the CPU, board and RAM), but I would definitely back up the data to a different one, then wipe it entirely and reinstal the OS. Also, depending on what version of the OS (assuming Windows) you have, you may need to buy a new copy. An OEM version will not transfer to a new build.

For the i5, I generally recommend the Asus P7P55D-E Pro if you want the option to Crossfire. I'd also recommend the G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2 GB 1600 mhz CAS Latency 7. All told, that's about $500 with the i5. If you need a new OS, Windows 7 Home 64-bit OEM will add another $100 to that. That's all you'll really need to replace.
m
l
May 28, 2010 4:23:55 AM

that's some really good advice, your the man killa. that ***'s in my price range...cheers !!! As for the w7, i got that *** from pirate bay, not lookin to pay for it if i can get away with it. To bad my HD has to be wipped, fkn bummer dude but thx for the info. i hate backin *** up, its annoying.
m
l
!