New build, kinda budget build?

Siksol

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
Hello everyone new to the Forum have lurked here for some time for tips and hints etc. I have been building my own PC's since I was in High School when I realized its generally alot cheaper. Up until this point all my builds have been very budget minded. Well this time not so much but still not excessive.

The foundation of this build is to make not only a very good gaming rig (as I game ALOT) but a all around entertainment setup geared around 3D. As it will be mated up at times with my 60in 3D DLP tv.

So far this is what I have bought and thrown together a few days ago.

*Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
*AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
*ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard (could have went alot nicer here but I dont plan to run multiple GPU's and it has nice OC abilities and 6 core ready for future upgrade)
*G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3- (may ad another 4GB of this)

So far-
28692_129128303770014_100000185340305_355441_867582_n.jpg

Here is the list of the next batch of items I will be ordering probably Monday.

*EVGA 012-P3-1472-AR GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) SuperClocked 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support ...
*NVIDIA 3D Vision Glasses Kit w/ Limited Edition Avatar 3D Stereo Glasses Model 942107010007001
*KINGWIN Mach 1 ABT-1000MA1S 1000W ATX / BTX SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power ...
*Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M080G2XXX 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - OEM
*Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
*Logitech G15 USB Wired Standard Gaming Keyboard
*Logitech G9x Black Two modes scroll USB Wired Laser Gaming Mouse
*ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
*LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner - Bulk SATA Model WH10LS30 LightScribe Support - OEM
*Antec 761345-75024-0 120mm Blue LED Case Fan
*Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Full

I'am waiting on ASUS to release their new 23in 3D ready LCD monitor if not I may go with Alienware's
Also will be getting a good surround sound system that will double for both the TV and the PC as they will be beside each other for easy use of the 3D tech.

Any comments, suggestions etc are welcome!

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
If you don't plan on going with SLI, then you can drop down the PSU quite a bit. The Corsair 750HX is a fantastic PSU, its modular as well, and would be more then enough to handle that system.

The Western Digital drives are falling behind nowadays. I would go with the Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, its faster, quieter, and the price can't be beat.

Unless you want the specific features of Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Home Premium is a good choice, and a good bit cheaper. Make sure you are getting the OEM version, unless you really want that box and manual... =P

Other than that is looks like a fun build, good case selection, and that CPU overclocks like a champ, so you can really maximize performance. I would suggest picking up a CPU cooler as well if you do overclock, the CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ is a good choice.

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
If you do get a surround system, please do youself a favor and avoid using a multi-media system on the TV.

Getting an A/V Receiver and connecting it via digital optical to the computer is the best way to do it. Then you can pick up a nice surround sound system; If you take this approach, hit up the folks at avsforum.com to get some good information.

Siksol

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
Thanks a ton for the info. I will for sure look into what you said about hooking up the surround sound system as I was not sure how I was going to go about setting that up.

I will probably go ahead and stick with the 470gtx just so I have the extra power there as the Nvidia 3D when enabled seems to drop your frame rate alot.

I will however probably take your word on the PSU, HDD,CPU cooler and Win 7 going to check them out now actually! thanks again.

Siksol

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
Oh ok^ lol. Yeah I thought the PSU was a bit much with only a single GPU but I tend to later on add alot of other things and case mods, liquid cooling pumps, lights, touch screen fan controller etc.

TRENDING THREADS