vga memory

Can anyone help.

I have a Acer Travelmate 292LCi notebook, which currently shows
16mb of shared VGA memory in the bios.
I know my onboard graphics card supports up to 64mb, but I can't
see anywhere in the BIOS to alter this setting ?
Any help appreciated

Fogler
3 answers Last reply
More about memory

    In article <SScad.548$mP1.41@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net>,
    "Foglerman" <fogler@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    > Can anyone help.
    >
    > I have a Acer Travelmate 292LCi notebook, which currently shows
    > 16mb of shared VGA memory in the bios.
    > I know my onboard graphics card supports up to 64mb, but I can't
    > see anywhere in the BIOS to alter this setting ?
    > Any help appreciated
    >
    > Fogler

    What OS are you using?

    Why not try the Display Properties and see if you can change the amount
    of VRAM in one of the tabs there? That's where I change mine on my HP
    laptop with WinXP.

    Windows XP pro

    "Chu-Chu" <marymary105@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > In article <SScad.548$mP1.41@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net>,
    > "Foglerman" <fogler@ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone help.
    >>
    >> I have a Acer Travelmate 292LCi notebook, which currently shows
    >> 16mb of shared VGA memory in the bios.
    >> I know my onboard graphics card supports up to 64mb, but I can't
    >> see anywhere in the BIOS to alter this setting ?
    >> Any help appreciated
    >>
    >> Fogler
    >
    > What OS are you using?
    >
    > Why not try the Display Properties and see if you can change the amount
    > of VRAM in one of the tabs there? That's where I change mine on my HP
    > laptop with WinXP.

    I never thought about setting the Video Memory Manually. I have a SONY
    VAIO TR1 with Intel 855m onboard Graphics, and that's what the report
    shows in Win XP:

    INTEL(R) EXTREME GRAPHICS REPORT

    Physical Memory: 762 MB
    Min. Graphics Memory: 4 MB
    Max. Graphics Memory: 64 MB
    Graphics Memory in use: 17 MB

    as you can see it is switched automatically by demand.
    I also play Quake on my Notebook, so it obviously works.

BIOS VGA Memory Laptops