benjamin

We have a lab of 25 xp pro SP1 machines that we need to disable from the
internet from the instructor machine, but still have a connection to the
network. The method we have been trying was turning on the proxy to an
invalid address (through the current_user in the registry) and not allowing
the users to change the proxy themselves. We have played around with psexec
(part of pstools) but it takes about 25 seconds to connect to a machine and
it connects to them one at a time so it would take a while to filter through
to the whole lab. It also requires that the user is already logged on to the
pc. We are looking for something that can disable the internet for the
entire machine so that it can be disabled even if it is at the login prompt.
However, we must still have access to the network because some software will
not load until it talks a software server. Also the machines are not part of
a domain. Anyone have any ideas?

Is your Instructor machine the gateway to the internet for all the other
computers?

If so, disable the Internet Sharing on the Instructor machine.