Solved

Can't get a POST beep from motherboard GA7ZXE running 1Gb on WINXP any suggestio

Hello,
can't get a POST beep from motherboard GA7ZXE running 1Gb on WINXP any suggestions please?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about post beep motherboard ga7zxe running winxp suggestio
  1. Welcome, Newcomer. Does your motherboard have a speaker connected? Are you getting a display on your monitor? Does the computer look/sound like it is powering up?
  2. Speaker and monitor are both connected just getting the cpu fan and couple of crunching noises from mobo - sounds like data being processed but no display or sound whatsoever! :-(
  3. Best answer
    Ok, the subtle approach didn't work for you. I'll try the direct approach. Please click on the link in my signature. You will be taken to our standard checklist for troubleshooting. This checklist addresses the common areas of "no boot" and "no display" concerns.
  4. Best answer selected by fort87.
  5. T_T said:
    Ok, the subtle approach didn't work for you. I'll try the direct approach. Please click on the link in my signature. You will be taken to our standard checklist for troubleshooting. This checklist addresses the common areas of "no boot" and "no display" concerns.

Thanks for your help, it does appear that 1 stick of ram is dead so here goes with the rest of the resurrection....

p.s. can you tell me what "stickies" are please?
  6. "stickies", on a forum, refer to posts that are always "stuck" at the top. These posts are generally rules and FAQs, etc. On Tom's Hardware forum, a sticky is made because the content of the post is deemed extremely important.
  7. that's brilliant T_T thanks for your help my friend :-)
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets Motherboards