Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can't get a POST beep from motherboard GA7ZXE running 1Gb on WINXP any suggestio

Last response: in Motherboards
February 16, 2011 9:08:39 PM

Hello,
can't get a POST beep from motherboard GA7ZXE running 1Gb on WINXP any suggestions please?
a c 111 V Motherboard
February 16, 2011 10:26:18 PM

Welcome, Newcomer. Does your motherboard have a speaker connected? Are you getting a display on your monitor? Does the computer look/sound like it is powering up?
m
l
February 17, 2011 8:13:58 PM

Speaker and monitor are both connected just getting the cpu fan and couple of crunching noises from mobo - sounds like data being processed but no display or sound whatsoever! :-(
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Best solution

a c 111 V Motherboard
February 17, 2011 9:57:00 PM

Ok, the subtle approach didn't work for you. I'll try the direct approach. Please click on the link in my signature. You will be taken to our standard checklist for troubleshooting. This checklist addresses the common areas of "no boot" and "no display" concerns.
February 28, 2011 9:49:14 PM

Best answer selected by fort87.
m
l
February 28, 2011 9:51:07 PM

T_T said:
Ok, the subtle approach didn't work for you. I'll try the direct approach. Please click on the link in my signature. You will be taken to our standard checklist for troubleshooting. This checklist addresses the common areas of "no boot" and "no display" concerns.

Thanks for your help, it does appear that 1 stick of ram is dead so here goes with the rest of the resurrection....

p.s. can you tell me what "stickies" are please?
m
l
a c 111 V Motherboard
March 1, 2011 11:10:20 PM

"stickies", on a forum, refer to posts that are always "stuck" at the top. These posts are generally rules and FAQs, etc. On Tom's Hardware forum, a sticky is made because the content of the post is deemed extremely important.
m
l
March 2, 2011 7:50:04 PM

that's brilliant T_T thanks for your help my friend :-)
m
l
!