Problem with LG W2753V Monitor~

G

Hey

I recently bought a monitor, the LG W2753V, and I'm having a problem with it.

Seeing as how it is difficult to explain articulately, I'll post a screen which shows the problem:

prob2q.jpg

This is a digital photo with a person wearing a white shirt. As you can see, it's not white at all, there is this green tint/tinge/pixelization that is very noticeable and prominent with whites and skin tones. It is extremely obvious in movies- either with faces, skies or landscapes.

Just to get this out of the way quickly: no, it is NOT centralized to a few places on the screen. The tint/tinge problem will change position with the current shade/colour on the screen. In fact, when I adjust the contrast whilst viewing a photo, the tint/tinge will move 'in and out' from a point. It's actually quite incredible to witness it.

The monitor itself was fine for about 5-6 days. In that time I was experimenting with calibration and fortemanager (a program for LG monitors- it just saves having to do everything via the monitors buttons- I have now uninstalled it). I can't pin how it exactly how it happened, but it just appeared one day. I tried factory resets and default colour profiles but it's still there. I just hope that it is something stupid on my part that caused this problem and that there is indeed a simple fix for it. However, the more I experiment, the more I feel this isn't the case.

Interestingly, even when I set the 'saturation' level to 0 (no colour) via the Catalyst Control Center, the green tint still remains. The screen below is a digital photo which should show no colour at all:

test2e.jpg

I have no idea what this means, so hopefully someone more knowledgeable might be able to tell me

Relevant h/w & drivers installed:

ATI 5850 w/ 10.3 catalyst drivers
LG W2753V-PF monitor

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Cheers

G

Cheers for the reply.

I'm using a DVI connection and I have tried 2 cables with the same results.

I'll see if the VGA connection (with DVI adapter) will make a difference.

Edit: I'm on VGA right now, and the result is a much more 'subtle' tinge problem. It is nowhere near as pronounced as it was on DVI. Even the the screens I took show a marked difference, so I guess no one is seeing what I see.