Sign in with
Your question

Problem with LG W2753V Monitor~

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 24, 2010 10:59:58 AM

Hey

I recently bought a monitor, the LG W2753V, and I'm having a problem with it.

Seeing as how it is difficult to explain articulately, I'll post a screen which shows the problem:

This is a digital photo with a person wearing a white shirt. As you can see, it's not white at all, there is this green tint/tinge/pixelization that is very noticeable and prominent with whites and skin tones. It is extremely obvious in movies- either with faces, skies or landscapes.

Just to get this out of the way quickly: no, it is NOT centralized to a few places on the screen. The tint/tinge problem will change position with the current shade/colour on the screen. In fact, when I adjust the contrast whilst viewing a photo, the tint/tinge will move 'in and out' from a point. It's actually quite incredible to witness it.

The monitor itself was fine for about 5-6 days. In that time I was experimenting with calibration and fortemanager (a program for LG monitors- it just saves having to do everything via the monitors buttons- I have now uninstalled it). I can't pin how it exactly how it happened, but it just appeared one day. I tried factory resets and default colour profiles but it's still there. I just hope that it is something stupid on my part that caused this problem and that there is indeed a simple fix for it. However, the more I experiment, the more I feel this isn't the case.

Interestingly, even when I set the 'saturation' level to 0 (no colour) via the Catalyst Control Center, the green tint still remains. The screen below is a digital photo which should show no colour at all:

I have no idea what this means, so hopefully someone more knowledgeable might be able to tell me

Relevant h/w & drivers installed:

ATI 5850 w/ 10.3 catalyst drivers
LG W2753V-PF monitor

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Cheers

More about : problem w2753v monitor

April 24, 2010 1:57:03 PM

Quick question which connection port are you using? Is it VGA, DVI, or HDMI? Also install the monitor drivers off the CD that came with the screen.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 25, 2010 3:56:36 AM

mister g said:
Quick question which connection port are you using? Is it VGA, DVI, or HDMI? Also install the monitor drivers off the CD that came with the screen.

Cheers for the reply.

I'm using a DVI connection and I have tried 2 cables with the same results.

I'll see if the VGA connection (with DVI adapter) will make a difference.

Edit: I'm on VGA right now, and the result is a much more 'subtle' tinge problem. It is nowhere near as pronounced as it was on DVI. Even the the screens I took show a marked difference, so I guess no one is seeing what I see.
April 25, 2010 1:27:26 PM

Does the monitor have it's own settings to optimize the screen for text, video, or photos?
!