Please help with mobo question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonpf1123

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
hello there. i'm about to start a gaming rig build. need help with something though. i was shopping around looking for budget pieces but good pieces. i live in cincinnati so i have a near by micro center. there i found the processor i was looking for athlon 2 x4 640 for only 95.99 10 cheaper than the egg. as i was reading there ad they had a mobo in there biostar A780L3G AM3 760G mATX Motherboard if pair with the athlon 2 x4 640 was free so i read some reviews and thought it'll work. the video card i have selected is also from microcenter evga gts 450 for 119.99 94.99 after rebate cant beat it. it is dx11 i'm getting windows 7 so thats all fine and dandy. as i was looking at the mobo pic thought next to the pci e slot where the video card goes it says dx10. does that mean that this particular mobo only supports dx10 video cards and lower? this has confused me and any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you for your time

Solution
Windows 7 supports DX11. That video card though can pretty much do your laundry, and as such, is DX11 capable.

As far as the mobo, I'm not aware of any mobo limiting, being incapable of running a version of DX11. It's a software video rendering piece, so that shouldn't be the limiting factor. You're only limited by what windows version and video card you have, and in both cases, should support it.
The dx reference is for the windows only, not the video card slot on your board. All you need to be concerned with is the power supply; it should have the right connection and have enough juice for all your system components. A good brand with lower wattage is preferable to a cheapo unit; these are pretty good: antec, corsair, seasonic, enermax and some ocz.

jasonpf1123

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009

so does that mean i can not use windows 7 with this board as it is dx11 or will windows 7 use dx 10 and not 11. is that what your saying

uriah1024

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
Windows 7 supports DX11. That video card though can pretty much do your laundry, and as such, is DX11 capable.

As far as the mobo, I'm not aware of any mobo limiting, being incapable of running a version of DX11. It's a software video rendering piece, so that shouldn't be the limiting factor. You're only limited by what windows version and video card you have, and in both cases, should support it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS