- Intel i7 930,
- Intel DX 58 SO board,
- Nvidia geforce 260 GTX,
- Kingston 8GB DD3 Ram,
- Thermaltake 750 W PSU,
- 2* WD 500Gb HDD 7200 RPM,
- Cooler master case 690
- Windows XP 64 bit..

despite all this my pc sometimes freezes :fou:  and I am unable to click or even move the mouse and even Ctrl+alt+del becomes

irresponsive the only way is to force it off (reset) and then to turn it on again...

I mainly use 3ds max after effects and photoshop and many other 3D and 2D progs (I use it for rendering...) but I am very

disappointed that the Pc freezes and it coasted me alot to build such a system...

If someone have any ideas on why it's happening to my pc or what is the bottleneck in it I'll be grateful...

Thank You in advance.

More about : freezing

May 28, 2010 2:33:32 AM

I think a little bit more information is in order: what exactly happens when it freezes and generally what are you doing?

Just stabbing in the dark because of a general lack of information, but I'd guess a heat problem. Can you give some more details about the cooling you're using and the case + ambient temperatures + some component temperatures (I use "speedfan" for temperatures if you don't already have something in mind)
m
l
May 28, 2010 8:38:51 AM

I don't have to do a complex thing (rendering or...) sometimes I open a program and it freezes and sometimes if I am working on a project it also freezes it don't happens all the time but each 2-3 days it happens once or twice.
I use "Intel desktop manager" to monitor the temperatures the CPU's temp is normal the ambient temp if rendering is about 42 43 deg C sometimes higher but never enters thr Red zone...
I dont think it's a heat problem because all the temp are normal
Please check this link to see the case:

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?category_id...

All the coolers are standard (VGA and CPU) and no cooling on the RAM...
Thank YOU
m
l
Related resources
May 28, 2010 8:49:45 AM

Hi ronny, im having the same issue on my pc

im looking at ur set up and we have 1 thing in common DX58SO mobo. i have an i7 92O and is just freezes when im playing it can happen10 times in a day and none in two weeks

i updated drivers, bios and the problem remains

does ur pc restarts after sometime when u leave it freezed ? does ur hdd light stops flashing ? ( the blue one on the motherboard)
do u have the sata or the molex aux power connected ?

im also checking my temps with everest ultimate, IOH under 50 Mobo under 45 GPU UNDER 70 Cpu under 57 currenst ok, Voltages ok.... i really dont know what to do... =(
m
l
May 28, 2010 9:18:12 AM

When it freezes I usually reset it manually I don't wait it to see if it restarts i'll try it the next time it happens (hopefully it doesn't happen anymore)

And I didn't check if the HDD light stops flashing

I have the molex aux power connected

lexrg i'll let U know if the hdd light stops flashing and if it restarts after sometime
m
l
May 28, 2010 9:29:35 AM

y mobo didnt have the molex aux power so im using the sata one

ty i think the mobo is the problem
m
l
May 29, 2010 10:59:48 AM

mu GPU's temp never exceeded 55 deg C, its normal temp is 47 deg C...all the temps are normal and all the voltages are stable and normal :??: 
m
l
!