Hello, need some advice on building a new system in the UK

Hey there,

So I am planning to build myself a new system. Figured I'd learna thing or two about components and save myself some copper in the process.

I'd like to start out slowly and basically upgrade my existing systme and eventually upgrade all my existing components.

So without further ado:

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within 2-3 Months
BUDGET RANGE: As Cheap As Possible, lets say 400-500 Bucks (only need several components)
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, watching movies, image/photoshop editing.
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: SEE BELOW
PARTS REQUIRED: Case (would need a big one so I wont have problems upgrading ion the future. One with sufficient space for airflow etc as I have currently overheating problems), Motherboard (would also like to get quite a good high performance one, with DDR3 if possible, would like for future upgrades), GPU, perhaps more

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: REPUTABLE UK Websites? I guess scan.co.uk ebuyer.co.uk, not sure though COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: England (UK)

PARTS PREFERENCES: No Preference, whatever works with what I got

OVERCLOCKING: Might Install DUela Graphics cards in the future

MONITOR RESOLUTION:1600x1200, 1920x1200)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I dont care about the noise as long as it doesnt take the piss, aka, not like a neumatic drill.

CURRENT SYSTEM: from which I would like to necro parts onto the new system and eventually upgrade them out.

CPU: DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, 1866 MHz (7 x 267)

Motherboard (would like to replace, probably real junk, or maybe its any good? tell me!): 01/30/2007-LakePort-Leonite-00 NAME: Asus Leonite
Chipset: N Bridge. Intel Lakeport-G i945G

GPU: PCI-E (ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series [1002-9598] [NoDB] 512MB, High Definition Audio Controller [1002-AA20] [NoDB])
Soundcard? Realtek ALC888 @ Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1] PCI

Allright, so basically I have a harddrive, a DvDRW and all that Jazz. I am just interested in replacing the core essentials of my system to keep up with the higher graphics demand. SO I guess I would like to upgrade my GPU< but as far as I know I cant do that without upgrading ym Motherboard and PSU.

Another thing to note,m my current tower pretty much sucks ass, because the way its positioned, the PCI-E slot is right off the bottom of the tower so I cant put in any good GPU's even if I wanted to because 1. of the crappy motherboard layout it will prevent any good GPU fan. And 2. because insufficient space between bottom of case and my GPU.
4 answers Last reply
More about hello advice building system
  1. Remove Qty. Product Name Quickcode Price (exc. VAT) Line total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel Core i5 750 2.66Ghz (Lynnfield) (Socket LGA1156) Processor - Retail #37674 £ 119.99 £ 119.99
    Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H Intel H55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 PCI-Express Micro-ATX Motherboard #39533 £ 56.99 £ 56.99
    OCZ GOLD 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2-6400C5 800MHz Dual Channel Kit #29106 £ 69.99 £ 69.99
    Arianet GeForce GT 240 512MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card #38704 £ 47.99 £ 47.99
    Antec 902 Nine Hundred Two Gaming Midi Tower Case - Black #38406 £ 72.99 £ 72.99

(click if you have changed any details)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Financial options:
    Click apply now to start!

Cart Total £ 367.95

Delivery Costs:The delivery cost for your order depends on the weight of the order, as well as the delivery destination. More carriage options will be available when you log in. Approx. Delivery £ 11.91
    VAT £ 66.48
    Total £446.34

www.aria.co.uk

they have special offers every day - and they provide a service just as good as ebuyer & scan.
  2. Sorry I just spotted I selected the wrong RAM for that build - :(

but they do have good 2 x 2gb DDR3 kits also
  3. You should tell us what your budget is in pounds.
  4. If you replace the motherboard for DDR3 you will need a new CPU. Would be no point buying a new motherboard that could not deal with the new CPUs anyway as you would be crippling your upgradibility.

AMD will be cheaper with Phenom II x4 955 and a Gigabyte 870 board.

Intel i5 750 will be more expensive though slightly better.

You need to decide which route you want to go with them
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems