VoRizon

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 1-2 Weeks
BUDGET RANGE: $900-1200 USD

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: gaming

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: United States

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe (Need to acquire the knowledge of overclocking)
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

Current Parts on my Wish list but I need some advice since this will be my first computer build.

COOLER MASTER CM 690 II Advanced RC-692-KKN2 Black Computer Case

ASUS P7P55D PRO ATX Intel Motherboard

SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 5770 100283VXL

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W (Okay??)

Intel Core i5-750

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory(Most help needed here)

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5"

Sony Optiarc DVD/CD Rewritable Drive Black SATA Model AD-7240S-0B (GOOD??)

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 120mm sleeve CPU Cooler (Good Heat sink if not OCing?)

^ You dint mention your screen resolution here...And the Parts that are not required...
Some changes...
1. Mobo - Get the PRO-E version...It has SATA 6GB/s and USB 3.0 implemented onboard...
2. HDD - Get the Samsung F3 1TB - Cheaper, is pretty fast and beats the Black in most of the cases and is efficient because of 500GB/ platter design...

VoRizon

Distinguished
May 28, 2010

Is the ram and power supply ok?

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
Yes everything is compatible. You would not be overclocking the RAM per say, because is already designed to run at the advertised speed. Most motherboards cap RAM speeds at 1333, so a simple change in the BIOS to 1600 fixes that. Its just telling the motherboard what speed the RAM is operating at.

VoRizon

Distinguished
May 28, 2010

I just wanted to say YOU ARE A BIG HELP! And if I do get those fans will I be able to turn off the lights?

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
Most monitors come with at least a VGA cable, I know Asus ships VGA and DVI cables with their monitors, Samsung did not (just from my past experiences with these brands). Regardless of what monitor you get, it will at least come with VGA. Your GPU will probably come with an adapter to go from DVI > VGA. So that can get you by until you get a DVI cable.