IDE to SATA adapter problem

SamF111

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
I've just recently bought a new graphics card for my pc and its massive i installed it and i think i must of knocked the ide to sata adapter or something because when i load up it goes Detecting IDE drives and it detects my cd drive but not my hard drive, my jumper on it is on cable select (CS) and it takes two minutes to go to the next step and its says "disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter" ive been playing around with it and ive came up with nothing so this is why ive came to you.
many thanks
sam,

popatim

Titan
make sure both ends of the cable are plugged in and that the cable is not damaged, make sure the power cable is attached, make sure your ide/sata adapter in plugged in firmly with its power cable seated securely.

SamF111

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Ive done that, when i disconnect it shoots pass the detecting ide drives but when i connect its just sits there saying "detecting ide drives" for about 3 minutes and then says its not there.

SamF111

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012

Ive done that, when i disconnect it shoots pass the detecting ide drives but when i connect its just sits there saying "detecting ide drives" for about 3 minutes and then says its not there.