I have had a difficult time with this installation I keep getting a set up
error when I install xp service pack 2.
The error reads: Service Pack 2 could not back up registry value.
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Security\Security,\'Eventmes
sagefile\'. 5: Access is denied

Any help would be Great!

Thanks,

Gus

You receive an "Access is denied" error message when you try to install
Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873148

"Access Denied" error when trying to install SP2
http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=8125

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User