Neocloud

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
I finally built my new pc about a month ago just got 15/5 internet and 4 GB ram yesterday.So specs are:AMD 965 3.4 Quad core with black widow v1 thermaltake pure copper cpu cooler 110mm fan overclocked to 3,8 by ASUS mobo 890GX automatically with 3.0 usb ports and 6GB sata ports.4GB Kingston DDR3 1800MHZ HyperX with heatsinks RAM.HIS Raedon HD 5670 1GB ram pci-e 2.1 dx11 vid card.(x8)fans in case(5x80mm case/1x80 on gfx card/1x110 on cpu cooler/1x120 in psu)all thermaltake fans in case and cpu cooler and psu running at max speeds up to 6000 rpm on case fans and around 80-90 cfm each.I made sure to direct air flow through case with no dead spots and It is actually quiet believe it or not.My question is Im still running about 88-94 cpu temp (using Asus pc probe 2) degrees farenhieght on idle and only about 100-110 max load.Is that normal for pushing even the most extreme games including battlefield bad company 2,cod MW2,crysis,lost planet,prototype,mass effect 2,starcraft2,metro 2033,assasins creed 2,bioshock 2,singularity/,nfs shift,blur,slit second and other games that take alot of processing power?my case temp suprisingly stays at around 86-90 degrees even on max load.

Solution
Yay for lots of fans :)
i'd think about moving someo of those 80's up to 120mm's if you can dude, once they wear in the noise will start to creep up on you :)
Great looking temps man and a nice looking build, Gratx
Moto

Neocloud

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
around 76-78F.Just got a new air conditioner the same day I got net and ram lol.Im thinking of adding another vid card for crossfire.I dont know how much of a difference that would make except to be able to put everything on max settings in metro 2033 cause crysis and just cause 2 even runs fine on max.Maybe something weird goin on in metro idk,No other game has any problem on max settings right now except metro and battlefield a little tiny unnoticeable amount in bc2.But metro has a litttle more noticeable slowdown on max so I set to high instead of ultra.Even starcraft 2 runs fine on ultra with 99999 things going on at same time.

Neocloud

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
the thermaltake black widow cpu cooler is massive and dropped the cpu temp by about 5-7 degrees F when i changed it from the stock amd cooler which makes no sense to me having an impleller directing the air flow toward the cpu on theatsink rather than pulling the heat through the hs away from the cpu.

Bringing cooler air into the case and directing it onto a hot heatsink will have just as good an effect as pulling the heat away, how do you cool soup thats too hot before you put it in your mouth ? you blow on it, directing air towards the heat
Although I'm tempted now to rig up a soupbowl with a Hs and fans hehe :)
Moto

logainofhades

Titan

Maybe he actually is playing max settings on these games. (@ 800x600) :pt1cable: :kaola:

Martin 71

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
I was wondering the same thing... crysis DOES NOT play well with my 5770... even at 1024x768... as for his temps, I suppose they're okay, albiet a bit low... (at first i thought he meant 100C and I was gonna freak XD

Neocloud

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
I play max settings on crysis and just cause 2 at 1400x1050 65hz (because of limits of my tv screen...running an oold crt monitor also in clone) at 50-60 fps.I dont know how to prove it unless I run some kind of benchmark for you and post it somewhere.But seriuosly,I could care less about it.Im way to busy lately and I hope you guys help other people that need it more than me.Thank you I always value your opinions greatly.

TRENDING THREADS