Switching Computer Cases RECOMMENDATIONS?

benbored

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Hey guys, I'm planning on switching my pc case. I have an EMachines ET1331G-03w:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5722406&Sku=S445-10058

Now I haven't done any case shoppping yet. I was wondering what I should know before purchasing a specific case and installing. Also recommendations of cases with great airflow and nice leds would be appreciated.

I think the form factor is ATX mid-tower. my budget is 80$ max, with shipping. Let me know.

There isn't much to cases. You just need to pick one that fits the board and has good cooling (i.e. fans). After that, it's mostly quality (few plastic parts), locations of external ports and other preferences.

Off the top of my head, some good ones to look at that should be close to your budget would be the Antec 300 Illusion, Coolermaster Centurion 5, Coolermaster 690, and HAF 922. The HAF 922 is likely to be slightly above your budget, but it's easily the best case out there.

tritonofg

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
Be sure to look at the bolt pattern in your e-machine as some oems will have custom ones to force you to only buy parts from them

Deadstick50

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Might not be able to swap it out, alot of the companies have the MB maker create a one of a kind board with odd mounting hole positions so you cant move to a new case, or put a new board in your old case, big pain in the butt.

benbored

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Alright guys I dont know if anyones interested but like I promised. I finally finished the case, its all good with the cable management and all. some cons i ran into where that my stock motherboard (from emachine pc) didnt have any color coding or writing to tell me where to plug the front leds and the power switches into so it took me a good 4 hours to do everything. heres a link to pics

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=4187782&id=525811951&fbid=404909791951