Are all Sandy Bridge chipsets flawed?

Rodmantis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Hi, after a life time of saving up and reading about computers, I'm finally ready to buy the PC I've always wanted. Going for 8 gbs of ram, a gtx 560 ti, and a it 2500k, I read now that Intel's chipsets are flawed. Do all motherboards based on the P67 platform have the SATA problem? When will there be *fixed* P67 motherboards available? Is the only solution to wait?

Solution
Yes, currently both the P67/H67 Chipsets share the Intel SATA2 ports corruption problem. However, the Intel SATA3 and other SATA Chipsets like Marvell are not affected. Intel is in the process replacing the Chipsets to the MOBO Mfg's and the estimated time is mid March through mis April.
Yes, currently both the P67/H67 Chipsets share the Intel SATA2 ports corruption problem. However, the Intel SATA3 and other SATA Chipsets like Marvell are not affected. Intel is in the process replacing the Chipsets to the MOBO Mfg's and the estimated time is mid March through mis April.

Solution
If you can find a board now, go for it. You'll enjoy the performance of Sandy Bridge now, and will be covered with an RMA later to get a brand spankin' new board.

If you don't fancy taking your rig apart to put a new board in, then just wait. The Sandy Bridge, she is definitely worth it.

williammeis

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010

That's what I did! Sick of waiting, will have my board tuesday