Recommend case for Radeon 5970

I've just bought a Sapphire Radeon 5970 and the card doesn't fit in the case I bought. The card is 11.5-12". Any recommendations for a case that would accomodate it? Cheers people!
17 answers Last reply
More about recommend case radeon 5970
  1. HAF 922 is a very nice case, had a look at it the other day (havent seen others)
  2. I have HAF 922 and I highly recommend it but havent figured how to take dust filter from the front intake fan.
  3. I would second the antec 1200 as that have alot of fans to keep everything cool and it is also quiet.
  4. Thanks people, I knew about the Antecs but not those Coolermasters... I'd be willing to spend up to the cost of an Antec 1200, but would prefer closer to the price of an Antec 900!
  5. sam_p_lay said:
    Thanks people, I knew about the Antecs but not those Coolermasters... I'd be willing to spend up to the cost of an Antec 1200, but would prefer closer to the price of an Antec 900!


    Why don't you use the Antec Nine Hundred?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VYJNnagG0Y

    The guy in the video is passing his computer's video output through an iMac's video input, but that's just a sidetrack.
  6. Mainly for design reasons... I want it to look good and the top of that case looks like a printer. Sorry to offend any Antec 900 fans, I know the case is a legend but I just don't really like the design! Not so fond of the HAF922 either, but it looks like I may have to go with an ugly case if I'm going to be able to use this card. Would really appriciate it if somebody proved me wrong! :-D
  7. I've got an antec 1200 with a 5970

    although you will have to have your hard drives in the bottom of case, otherwise the lengthy card will interfere with them
  8. Hey

    i was also once in your shoes, looking for a smart looking case that has good ventatlation and could support a 5970 and was not too big or too expensive.

    in the end i went for the NZXT Hades http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146064&cm_re=hades-_-11-146-064-_-Product

    it has no side window but it does have cable management and black interior and does looks very smart when sitting on your desktop =D

    hope this helps

    kind Regards

    Nytrus90
  9. Cheers nytrus, I'm a huge fan of NZXT's cases (it was actually a silver Lexa I bought and then found my Radeon wouldn't fit it), but I don't really like the design of the Hades. Lexa, Beta EVO, Hush, excellent designs.

    That XClio Windtunnel actually doesn't look bad, the temperature display is really nice, blends in completely with the front panel. Don't think they have a great reputation for quality though... there are three Lian Li cases that will house a 5970, shame they're so expensive and rare.

    Thermaltake Eureka I think would also accommodate it, but 65cm/26" long, wouldn't actually fit on my desk! Case manufacturers need to start listing as standard in their specs what size card can be accommodated (like NZXT do for most of their cases, or Antec and Lian Li for their gamer series).

    If the Enermax Uber Chakra/ECA5001 will fit it, that's my case! :-D Or the Antec Sonata Elite, Sonata III 500, or Thermaltake Tsunami black. I'm waiting on emails back from the manufacturers, that will list their cases that fit the card.
  10. nytrus90 said:
    Hey

    i was also once in your shoes, looking for a smart looking case that has good ventatlation and could support a 5970 and was not too big or too expensive.

    in the end i went for the NZXT Hades http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146064&cm_re=hades-_-11-146-064-_-Product

    it has no side window but it does have cable management and black interior and does looks very smart when sitting on your desktop =D

    hope this helps

    kind Regards

    Nytrus90


    Tom's reviewed that case, it's a $40 case with a $20 display that cost $100...
  11. sam_p_lay said:
    Cheers nytrus, I'm a huge fan of NZXT's cases (it was actually a silver Lexa I bought and then found my Radeon wouldn't fit it), but I don't really like the design of the Hades.


    NZXT Hush has extra space beneath the external drives:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146035

    Thermaltake Xazer VI is long too:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133051

    Azza's Salano 1000R:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811517006

    Lian-Li PC-7BYCF if you like aluminum:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112184

    All visually inspected to make sure 12.2" cards will fit. Basically the space between the second and third column of standoffs, visually double it. The card will block some of the hard drive bays in some of those cases, but I'm assuming you don't need ALL of the hard drive bays.
  12. Cheers Crashman, the Hush and Xazer would be excellent! Google product search doesn't find the other two to buy in the UK, but I prefer the Hush and Xazer anyway. I'll be using an SSD, main HDD and backup HDD, but the cage can be moved down or removed?
  13. sam_p_lay said:
    Cheers Crashman, the Hush and Xazer would be excellent! Google product search doesn't find the other two to buy in the UK, but I prefer the Hush and Xazer anyway. I'll be using an SSD, main HDD and backup HDD, but the cage can be moved down or removed?


    The drives actually hang out of the back of the bays on the Hush, so wherever your card will block 1-2 bays out of six, depending on what slot it's in. You can live with four 3.5" bays no?

    As for the Xaser VI, it's just big. Huge. No worries there, and no blocked bays.
  14. LOL I just realised the Xaser won't even fit on my desk! I'm short 3" there... well the Hush was already one of my favourite cases, and I definitely won't need more than four 3.5" drive bays. Thanks for the advice Crashman, much appriciated!
  15. Antec p193 is sleek, cool, and spacious.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Cases Sapphire Radeon Graphics