Socket 939 Bracket for NorthQ Siberian Tiger / Corsair H50 CPU Cooler

surfrodder

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
I apologize if this is not the right place to post this, Mods: Please move if this is not the most appropriate place for this.

I am looking for the above brackets, I dont think they are available in the US, so I am hoping one of the international users may have a couple laying around that I can purchase. I need 2 total for a dual opteron board I am updating. Thanks in advance for your time.

4745454b

Titan
Sorry, I thought you were trying to get a modern cooler to work on the S939 board and didn't have the brackets.

Seeing as you have one, I'd contact the company and see if you can buy a second set. That or watch the used forums and buy another one. Wouldn't you need two of them anyways?

surfrodder

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Yeah, I'd need 2. The H50 cooler is an entry level sealed water cooling solution that was designed by Asetek and licensed to several companies for production. Unfortunately, the US version (made by Corsair) doesnt support the 939/940 like the European version by NorthQ. That's makes it a little more difficult to procure. Hopefully theres someone out there who sees this and has one or more they are looking to get rid of.

Anyway, thanks for your responses and advice.

4745454b

Titan
I also mean wouldn't you need two coolers as well? Buy two of the H50s and put one on each CPU. As an entry level water cooler they can't handle the heat of two CPUs. I think you are better off just buying two of them and finding as way to put them in your case. Actually, seeing as the H50 isn't really better then high end air cooling you might just be best buying some really nice air cooling units.

surfrodder

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
yes, I already have 2 of those coolers, but there are no brackets supplied with them for the 939/940. The closest bracket that may be able to be modified to fit appears to be one of the intel brackets. Essentially I am SOL unless someone one has a couple of the applicable brackets lying around or if NorthQ gets back to me about sending me the brackets directly.

surfrodder

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
ended up ordering them directly from the manufacturer in
Denmark... I had to order ten of them, but they already forwarded my contact info twice to other buyers, so when I get them in, I'll have 6 left over. Anyway, If anyone else needs on or more, PM me.

jeff1000

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011

Hey surfrodder I am interested in one of those plates please email me I am in canada or respond to this thread

daszun

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
hello surfrodder

i just got a 939 mobo with a fx60 and its having heat issues was looking at a coolit or h50 but soon relized that nether would fit 939 so i too would like to talk to u about the north q bracket ( paper_boy007@hotmail.com ) is my e mail