Help TRAOD

Help needed please why wont TRAOD play on my PC?
9 answers Last reply
More about help traod
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Jo-Jo wrote:

    > Help needed please why wont TRAOD play on my PC?

    Because you won't eat your broccoli? Can you be more specific about the
    problem?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > Help needed please why wont TRAOD play on my PC?
    What are the specifications for your PC (particularly the video and audio
    cards). TRAOD is very picky about those.

    Andrew
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    I am really sorry but you will have to tell me what to look for - I really
    am a novice. I know I have a radeon 9200 and a Celeron 63333 (I Think!) I
    have XP. Any help appreciated.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > I am really sorry but you will have to tell me what to look for - I really
    > am a novice. I know I have a radeon 9200 and a Celeron 63333 (I Think!) I
    > have XP. Any help appreciated.
    First of all, what do you mean by "won't play"? Do you get the TRAOD dialog
    box (with "settings", "run game", etc.)? If you click "run game", what
    happens? Try changing the setting so that you are running it in a low
    resolution (e.g. 640x480). It is worth ensuring that the drivers for both
    your video, and your sound, cards are up to date.

    Andrew
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Hi

    Tried to run in low resolution as suggested got to please insert disc one
    - Lara came up and said something about it being a safe place and it
    froze, tried numerous times but to know avail - any more suggestions?
    Jo
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Hi Jo-Jo,

    Step one is to download the update from the eidos website, which for UK
    users is to be taken from
    http://www.eidos.co.uk/support/search.html?gmid=134

    While you're there, read the FAQs while the update (v52) is downloading

    Try running that, and if that doesn't work, proceed as follows:

    Update windows using the windows update thing in the start menu. I have
    a feeling this should offer to install directx 9.whatever it is. If
    not, go to microsot.com and find the latest version of directx.

    Get the latest drivers for your graphics card from ati

    Get the latest drivers for your sound card from the manufacturer - this
    seems to be important for AOD from memory of posts on this newsgroup
    aeons ago.

    Do all this and report back :-)

    Jo-Jo wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Tried to run in low resolution as suggested got to please insert disc one
    > - Lara came up and said something about it being a safe place and it
    > froze, tried numerous times but to know avail - any more suggestions?
    > Jo

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Hi Lime Jelly

    Updated drivers, turned sound accelorator to basic, downloaded patch,
    updated windows - all this was hard work because I had to do it step by
    step and I haven't a clue what I am doing - and guess what now it says
    cannot locate file insert disc fmv, I am just about to throw it out of
    window, any suggestions?

    Jo
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Are you using an original disc?

    Jo-Jo wrote:
    > Hi Lime Jelly
    >
    > Updated drivers, turned sound accelorator to basic, downloaded patch,
    > updated windows - all this was hard work because I had to do it step by
    > step and I haven't a clue what I am doing - and guess what now it says
    > cannot locate file insert disc fmv, I am just about to throw it out of
    > window, any suggestions?
    >
    > Jo

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    As far as I know - yes, I bought it over the internet - could it be that my
    processor is out dated ?

    Jo

Games Video Games