Corsair HX650 or 750 or 850
Lite on DVD
Western Digital Caviar Black 640gb 6gb/s
CM 692 advanced
EAH DirectCu 5870
Windows 7 Home
CM 212+ or Tuniq Tower
------------------------------------
This is what I am looking at roughly, I am still debating on which corsair HX, I didn't want to get anything more than what I need. I don't think I will have more than
2 video cards so it's between the 750 and 650, I think 650 would be enuff and the 750 would be only for extra juice.
I kinda of have a budget around 1500ish, and all the above is 1400. There are a few things I would like to get like Windows pro or ultimate and more ram.
Anyways I thought about just getting the 1050 but toms rated it lower than the 965/955, so I have considered just getting a 955 and
adding more ram and what not.

I posted this to get some feedback about this, I plan on buying this computer around the fall semester, pretty much in August. I hope to have everything figured before then
but you never know, I might want the new Haf X or something.
Thanks for any feedback, the only real problems I have is choosing the PSU, and should I get the 1090 or 965? After I have that figured then I will have everything ready for now.
2 answers Last reply
More about computer parts latest picks
  1. First tell us what you want to do with the comp? If you wanted to download moves on the internet then certainly a 4core is still overkill.

Id you wanted to do gaming (guessing by the 5870) then obviously 965. But really 955 instead.

If you were going to do photo/video editing, then the 1090T. But again really something more like the i7 930.

edit:

BTW Crucial.... that's a no no. For less money you can get the g.skill ripjaws cas7 set.
    And that HD is also a no no. More like samsung spinpoint F3 or 7200.12 Again it depends on what you want to do.
  2. Actually I meant DirectCU 5850, but I have looked at the 5870 V2.
    Definitely gaming, mainly for school, with video, photo, music creation. I am hoping to get one of the new CS5 packages.

The most I will have is two graphic cards, so the HX750 is more suitable.
    I actually changed things around according to the 955/965, I was able to add the Intel X-25-M 80gb SDD and still stay under 1500. But I could do anything with that extra 200. like add more memory get a 5870, or whatever.
    The 1500 is for the main parts, stuff like the fan controller and fans, thermal compound and what not is going to be separate.

I originally wanted the MSI mobo, but after much consideration and talk the gigabyte is the way to go. Cpu cooler, both the TT 120 and 212+ should be sufficent.
    Ballitix tracers have also been highly recommended.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems