Fastest 240gb SSD?

ram1009

Distinguished
IMHO, you are using the wrong buying criteria. The advertised numbers are inflated. The only time most people will notice a speed difference is booting and program launch. After about a week you won't even notice that any more. Select your SSD based on reliability. Read the reviews.

Stickem

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2012
I prefer quality over speed. I own a Corsair Force which have awsome reveiws and are extremely fast. My recommendation will point towards Corsair since I am a owner and a user of their product!!

dingo07

Distinguished
All answers will be biased based on some criteria - whether a friend is using a certain make/model, personal experience or reading a review of a product.

It's also true that your body will soon be accustomed to the new speed of using an SSD as a boot drive, and therefore all other computers you sit at that run off HDD's will be "slower".

Out of the drives you first mentioned, choose the one that will arrive at your doorstep faster and cheaper than the rest. If, in fact, your question was pertaining to purchasing one of them!

Iamazn

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
So which one should I buy?

I want fast boot times and game loading times.

I want a really fast drive that is also reliable...

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
If you want the fastest why not go for a PCIe SSD - e.g. OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2, although more expensive, check out........

Taken from http://www.guru3d.com/article/ocz-revodrive-3-x2-review/ -->

"1500 MB/s maximum read performance, or what about 1250 MB/s maximum write performance ? No that still didn't do it for you ... well what about 200.000 IOPS (4K writes) ?"

Iamazn

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012

I prefer the "normal"/non PCIe SSDs...

dingo07

Distinguished

Eenie, meenie, miney, moe - it's that simple. You will not notice the performance difference between them and they all have a good reputation. MY preference is OCZ, but that's just my opinion.

In general you want to buy the most reliable, good performance, and low price SSD. But some time you can't get that such good deal SSD.

In real world you can't feel the different between those SSD you list because they have few seconds different. But you can see them in benchmark.

If you only have those SSD to chose, i will take the Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240 for $200 now. If you can wait for good deal i will take either SAMSUNG 830 ( it was on sale for $180 before) or intel 520 (Intel Expected to Drop SSD Prices in August, link http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/intel-ssd-prices-price-drop-cheap-discount,news-39074.html).

Iamazn

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012

-In general, I want a fast SSD that doesn't crash or have storage issues. Price is less of a factor, unless the jump in price is extreme (i.e. SSD1 = $200, SSD2 = $600).
-Is this the right Mushkin drive?
-How does the Mushkin compare to the Intel 520? The Samgsung 830 has a write speed of ~100MBs less than the Mushkin, correct?