Solved

Opinions on Antec PSU

So yeah. I'm thinking of getting an Antec CP550 Plus 550W Continuous power PSU for $60 + $3 shipping, for my system.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016

Specs : Asrock N68-S mobo (Budget micro-atx gaming mobo)
CPU : AMD Athon II X2 245
GPU : Sapphire ATi Radeon 5770
Ram : 4GB DDR2

Would this PSU be a good decision, or no?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about opinions antec
  1. Best answer
    I'd like to suggest the Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W 80 PLUS PSU $60 It's a few bucks more for shipping (probably a heavier PSU - which isnt a bad thing).
    More important to you it's rated for +12V@40A where the BP550 Plus is rated +12V@32A.

I also like the Antec EarthWatts EA-500D Green 500W 80 PLUS BRONZE PSU $60 and shipping a bit less than the BP550 Plus. Rated for +12V@37A.

All 3 meet your actual requirements.
  2. Thanks a bunch.
    I'm probably going to go for the Neo, but it's great to know all three will be fine for my system.
    The Earthwatts is actually shipping for $12.99, which is much more than the BP550.
    Once again, thanks.
    (If you see this, would you recommend either of these or the Corsair CMPSU 400CX 400W PSU?)
  3. Best answer selected by ZPep.
  4. The Corsair 400CX would run all your hardware without a problem. And that price after rebate is really attractive.
    The only (very slight) drawback might be that it could end up being underpowered for the next video card upgrade or if you move the PSU into a new, more powerful system.
    Otherwise its a great choice for what you're using now.
  5. You gotta watch those shipping charges - they can add up in a hurry.

6. I think i'll still go with the Neo because i will be upgrading my parts sooner or later.
    Also that shipping charge is newegg.com, i use newegg.ca
    I don't think newegg.com ships to Canada.
  7. You're right. I was using the wrong website.
    The Neo has that strong +12V@40A rating that should be good for 2x 5770s in CrossfireX mode or a more powerful next gen video card.
    I think it's a good choice since you're thinking about upgrading the rest of your system
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Antec Components Product