Sign in with
Your question

Grafics card problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 25, 2010 8:33:49 AM

i hav a geforce 9800gt....though its working very good...bt in recent days all my games r too much hanging sometimes everything jus stuck(my hard drive is sata)i don wat is wrong wid my pc....a normal game like fifa10 isnt going in pc tht much well s it suppose to go...sooo is nebody there who can help me :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  ...i m using xp 32bit nd my ram is 2gb DDR2

More about : grafics card problem

a b U Graphics card
April 25, 2010 9:13:26 AM

Have you updated your video card driver lately? You may have a bad version for your card. If you haven't updated it then maybe you should try it. Do you have another video card to test with if the driver update doesn't correct the problem?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 25, 2010 9:18:33 AM

Also check your card to see if it's clogged with killer dust bunnies. As engandr says if you've recently updated your drivers, try rolling them back to the previous driver. If you haven't updated your drivers recently, give it a try.
m
l
Related resources
April 25, 2010 12:49:24 PM

i guess your computer is slowing down because of virus . check out this software this might help http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

scan your computer with a good antivirus software , defragment your drives, i think your not using sli . go to nvidia control panel >adjust image settings and previws> select performance then .after that click on manage 3d setting (just below adjust image settings and previws ) and select single gpu performance . and disable nvidia phyix start > nvidia corporation> nvidia physix > click no acceleration.

you have the good gpu but thats not the best gpu . which processor your using.

there should be some changes in your gameplay after this . a
m
l
April 25, 2010 4:16:17 PM

thanks for the info:) :)  i hope this might work....nd the other problem just showed nd the problem is when i play games for 4-6 hours my computer shut downs automatically
nd it wont starts untill i giv him a good amount of rest bt sometimes it doesnt starts i can hear the power supply fan is like makes a awfull sound!! nd sometimes the fan moves sooo fast nd everything gone stuck...is it a agp card problem or a power supply problem i cant understand...:|:|
m
l
April 25, 2010 6:11:23 PM

Its all because of heat & dust in your cabinet . If you really wanna play for 4 to 6 hours continues you should be looking for better cabinet available in market.

Graphics cards produces lot of heat and it thus increases temperature of whole cabinet , If you wanna keep your pc turned on for 6 hours together you either have to remove your graphic card or Add some heat sink fan to your cabinet.

m
l
April 25, 2010 6:17:52 PM

Which psu your using currently ?If your not gonna take actions now your pc will start to shutdown anytime any minute . In future
m
l
April 26, 2010 3:12:58 AM

i m using a ordinary psu the brand name is hi-delux it hav plenty of cooling fans...do i hav to put more cooling fans in my cabinet??
m
l
April 26, 2010 3:21:37 AM

gauravtushir said:
Its all because of heat & dust in your cabinet . If you really wanna play for 4 to 6 hours continues you should be looking for better cabinet available in market.

Graphics cards produces lot of heat and it thus increases temperature of whole cabinet , If you wanna keep your pc turned on for 6 hours together you either have to remove your graphic card or Add some heat sink fan to your cabinet.

:hello:  hi gaurav i think u r fom india...i m from bangladesh...i hav just finished my A levels....nd i want study in game... there are many famous institution in ur country can u tell me the details of some of them...if u want to... :sarcastic: 
i m very eager to strt my career in gaming...:|:|
m
l
April 26, 2010 9:53:08 AM

Yep Indian dude here .
This is not a developed country my friend we are still developing . looks like your inspired from game directors and their youtube videos .

your welcome to study here foreigners are treated like guest here not like Australia (they slap Indians ) .lol

Indian market is much into infrastructure right now rather than developing games .

it will be better start if you learn 3d max before learning maya . both are animation course but 3d max is used to give 3d design of a building before its construction . so there are better chances of being employed salary will be good provided you got skills .

maya on the other hand is a game developing tool (only for games ) , it has scope but not as much as 3d max .

m
l
April 26, 2010 10:05:11 AM

Cooling fan wont help anymore dont waste your money on that . blame all this on global warming .

Playing games for four to 6 hours continuous any pc will shutdown . now not many people will agree to this because they might be staying in cold regions . asia is hot!!!!. lol
m
l
April 26, 2010 10:30:39 AM

dude thanks for the info:)  can u tell me how much its gonna cost in australia(if u know) nd in india....
nd which is the average heat rate of graphics card??i m constantly checking my agp cards heat nd my whole cabinets heat....after i turn on the pc the heat seems quite stable when i play or do something else the heat goes to 76v(agp),(67v-78v whole cabinets heat)sooo its good or bad?? i don i think its bad bcoz the from outside of cabinet i can feel the heat....do i hav to take some emergency steps to save my agp card...???
m
l
April 26, 2010 11:32:55 AM

Maybe try clean your computer of dust , clean your cooling fans too.
m
l
April 26, 2010 12:41:06 PM

I cant tell how much it will cost in australia but in India 3d max courses will cost you 2500$ approx for maya its 1500$ . it further depends from institute to institute.

78 or 85 degree is normal . maximum temperature for a card is 105 degree Celsius . you should maintain your gpu temp below 90 degree.

If possile cut down your gameplay timing from 4 hours to 2 & half hour .

m
l
April 26, 2010 12:51:09 PM

wow dude thanks u r like god to me...angel from heaven....:) :)  thanks pal....for ur time ...
m
l
April 26, 2010 3:22:30 PM

Thanks for the compliment .
m
l
!