AOD: Louvre Galleries bug?

Sorry if this is in a FAQ somewhere...

In the Louvre Galleries level, when you get to Carvier's office at the end
of the corridor you have to enter a code on a keypad. When I press the
action key to display the keypad I am stuck - I cannot get out of that view
and am forced to reboot my machine. Is this a bug?

I have patched it to build 49. Should I install patch 52? Will that render
my savegames useless?

P.S. I tried googling for the keypad problem and inadvertently discovered
where to find the keypad code - so I guess that will solve the problem, but
I still think I should be able to get out of the keypad view without
entering the correct code - if only to go and find the correct code.

been awhile but, iirc try duck/croach
rex

Rex Reynolds wrote:
> been awhile but, iirc try duck/croach
> rex
> "Simon Richards" <s.richards@nospam.physics.org> wrote in message
>
>>Sorry if this is in a FAQ somewhere...
>>
>>In the Louvre Galleries level, when you get to Carvier's office at the end
>>of the corridor you have to enter a code on a keypad. When I press the
>>action key to display the keypad I am stuck - I cannot get out of that
>>view
>>and am forced to reboot my machine. Is this a bug?
>>
>>I have patched it to build 49. Should I install patch 52? Will that render
>>my savegames useless?
>>
>>P.S. I tried googling for the keypad problem and inadvertently discovered
>>where to find the keypad code - so I guess that will solve the problem,
>>but
>>I still think I should be able to get out of the keypad view without
>>entering the correct code - if only to go and find the correct code.

I thought it was ESC or maybe even just Enter.

No, its not as bug, per se, just badly designed keyboard interaction ...
.... like that's news. :/

--

Pistol Whipped