Get back the master boot record

I have installed Linux Fedora Core 3 on another HD and I was not
satisfied with it. Linux has rewritten the MBR on the Windows HD and now
I have the Linux boot loader. How can I restore the original master boot
record (only with Windows)? Can anyone help me?
2 answers Last reply
More about back master boot record

    Boot to the recovery console on the XP CD - at the command prompt type
    "fixmbr", reboot and you should be all set.

    --
    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
    "Google is your Friend!"

    "Sabin Finateanu" <fsabin@rdslink.ro> wrote in message
    > I have installed Linux Fedora Core 3 on another HD and I was not
    > satisfied with it. Linux has rewritten the MBR on the Windows HD and now
    > I have the Linux boot loader. How can I restore the original master boot
    > record (only with Windows)? Can anyone help me?

    Go here and get a Win98 Bootdisk. www.bootdisk.com Set Floppy as
    first boot device in Bios and insert bootdisk.
    When at the A:\ type: fdisk /mbr A:\fdisk /mbr that should
    restore it.
    "Sabin Finateanu" <fsabin@rdslink.ro> wrote in message
    >I have installed Linux Fedora Core 3 on another HD and I was not satisfied
    >with it. Linux has rewritten the MBR on the Windows HD and now I have the
    >Linux boot loader. How can I restore the original master boot record (only
    >with Windows)? Can anyone help me?

Configuration Boot HD Linux Windows XP