Get back the master boot record

I have installed Linux Fedora Core 3 on another HD and I was not
satisfied with it. Linux has rewritten the MBR on the Windows HD and now
I have the Linux boot loader. How can I restore the original master boot
record (only with Windows)? Can anyone help me?

Boot to the recovery console on the XP CD - at the command prompt type
"fixmbr", reboot and you should be all set.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"

"Sabin Finateanu" <fsabin@rdslink.ro> wrote in message
> I have installed Linux Fedora Core 3 on another HD and I was not
> satisfied with it. Linux has rewritten the MBR on the Windows HD and now
> I have the Linux boot loader. How can I restore the original master boot
> record (only with Windows)? Can anyone help me?

Go here and get a Win98 Bootdisk. www.bootdisk.com Set Floppy as
first boot device in Bios and insert bootdisk.
When at the A:\ type: fdisk /mbr A:\fdisk /mbr that should
restore it.