ATI Sapphire 9600XT- New Catalyst 10.2, no video but audio

tiffanyk

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
Hello everyone,

I seriously need some help with this old graphics card. I have the sapphire 9600XT card and after installing the new catalyst 10.2 patch, whenever I stream video, there is no display and only audio. Everything else is fine except for streaming video. Is there something I am not doing?

Thank you for anyone that can guide me to the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
Tiffany :p

MCMunroe

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
Mactronix, is correct. With a classic card like that you no longer want to keep updating the driver. The answer is to revert back to the last offically supported driver for that specific card.

You have to download the legacy drivers. Trying to use the regular drivers on an unsupported card will cause all sorts of problems. Download the legacy drivers, download driver sweeper and install it, uninstall the old drivers, use driver sweeper, then install the legacy drivers.

tiffanyk

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
thank you everyone for your fast replies! :love:

Also thanks megamanx00 for the link.

I am not a computer expert at all but had to fix this old computer.

Will let you guys know if it worked or not.

Cheerios,
Tiffany :na:

tiffanyk

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
sorry to bug you guys again.....it didn't work... :cry:

I installed the 9.3 which is supposedly the supported one..it failed...so i downloaded an older on 8.3 and it still didn't work... :(

Again, I see everything fine but only when I stream videos..nothing shows except for sound.....is it something in the options that I am not turning on/off?

Sorry for the being annoying....hope someone can assist

Thanks!! :p