Sign in with
Your question

BEST motherboard LGA1366

Last response: in Motherboards
February 19, 2011 2:22:41 PM

what would be the BEST motherboard for the solid-est basic core i7 ddr3 RAID,that would not be over clocked or tricked in any way but just made for to host ANY kind of application-card setup.

with the most complete chipset for versatility.

gotcha.

More about : motherboard lga1366

a c 107 V Motherboard
February 19, 2011 4:30:02 PM

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but there is no "best" mainboard. If you ask ten computer enthusiasts that question, you'll get eleven answers.

Find one from a reputable company, that has the slots and features you want. That will be the "best" mainboard for you.
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
February 19, 2011 5:35:36 PM

The 'Best' LGA 1366 MOBO that runs i7 is the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9. There are some new LGA 1366, but the GA-X58A-UD9 is the best you can buy today.

Arguably, the best LGA 1366 MOBO is the EVGA Classified SR-2 - only runs Xeon CPU(s).
m
l
Related resources
a c 235 V Motherboard
February 19, 2011 8:43:53 PM

^+1...

Best Value goes to the ASUS SABERTOOTH or ASUS P6X58D-E, with the edge going to the ASUS P6X58D-E. This is the board I would go with for an everyday use PC (or EVGA X58 FTW3).
m
l
February 20, 2011 1:36:16 AM

The Asus Rampage III Formula is also very good and overclocker friendly, if you ever want to try your hand at it. I also love how it looks.
Also, if you buy a socket 1366 CPU, why not overclock ? My i7 920 is OCed to 58% (4.2GHz) of it's original speed(2.667GHz)...that makes a huge difference in pretty much every cpu intensive applications.

Good luck,
al360ex
m
l
February 20, 2011 2:46:08 AM

jaquith said:
The 'Best' LGA 1366 MOBO that runs i7 is the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9. There are some new LGA 1366, but the GA-X58A-UD9 is the best you can buy today.

Arguably, the best LGA 1366 MOBO is the EVGA Classified SR-2 - only runs Xeon CPU(s).

Good bye jaquith :hello:  ...If you read carefully fwancwah does not want to overclock or have a tricked up mainboard/motherboard that will overheat :pt1cable:  & you have just suggested two to him :p  ...Go gaming instead for a while ;)  ...
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 20, 2011 2:49:21 AM

Gigabyte G1 Assassin Motherboard
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
February 20, 2011 1:57:38 PM

Wish I Was Wealthy said:
...If you read carefully fwancwah does not want to overclock or have a tricked up mainboard/motherboard that will overheat :pt1cable:  & you have just suggested two to him :p  ...Go gaming instead for a while ;)  ...

Read some more, I don't appreciate your tone! :non: 
just made for to host ANY kind of application-card setup.

with the [b said:
most complete chipset for versatility.]just made for to host ANY kind of application-card setup.

with the most complete chipset for versatility.
[/b]
The GA-X58A-UD9 also includes dual NF200 Chipsets, making it the most advanced 'Chipset' LGA 1366 + i7 MOBO. There'e plenty of people who don't OC it, it's not a requirement, and use it for all sorts of uses: rendering, gaming, professional imaging, etc.
m
l
February 21, 2011 5:05:58 AM

EVGA all the way customer support is really good ... they make quality products .. buy from newegg.com you will get good deals
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
February 21, 2011 11:55:01 AM

I run EVGA Classified 4, and sadly the GA-X58A-UD9 is a superior MOBO. Don't get me wrong I love EVGA, and I am v-e-r-y much so not a Gigabyte Fanboy. The UD9 is 'the' exception and has an excellent rep; too bad the rest of their line doesn't match the UD9 quality standard...
m
l
February 21, 2011 12:00:33 PM

i would always stick with evga motherboards and graphics cards ... I go all EVGA and try to stick brands that are reliable and have good costumer support... Patriot has good support and so i buy there ram ...

check out this board .. its the one i am about to purchase ... this would be a good buy because you will get the new sata 3 and usb 3.0

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
March 3, 2011 11:17:52 AM

So it seems that chipset 58(from intel) is the best chipset today.
Any brand.
that EVGA seems a good value.as Does the Gigabit and the others.
m
l
March 3, 2011 8:10:42 PM

no way go EVGA , when buying PC parts they tend to break occasionally. Therefore you need a manufacture that wont stop until your problem is resolved, because they want you to shop with them in the future. ATI/GAY MD have the worst customer support out there and thats why i buy intel/nvidia. That and intel outperforms Gay Md in every catergory known to man ... and some aliens .. lol ... But the point is you need a company with good products and costumer support and many people will agree thats EVGA hands down ....
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
March 4, 2011 1:18:23 PM

Disagree, I've built at least 70+ gaming rigs off EVGA {$3K~$12K+}. They require a competent person who understands its' BIOS {not the best beginner MOBO}, and they offer excellent support. EVGA & ASUS are 'my' recommended MOBOs - period. In addition, 9/10 nVidia GPUs I purchase are EVGA; 1/10 ASUS - both are very good choices. nVidia offers superior scaling and drivers.

As far as ATI, I recommend XFX. There are good & bad manufacturers. My 'primary complaint' of ATI is its' drivers which are disproportionately buggy.

Gigabyte, other than its ultra high-end are more problematic, and in general I don't recommend 'Swiss-Army' type MOBOs; chipsets less is more.

I do agree about Intel + nVidia.
m
l
March 5, 2011 10:59:58 PM

i would never recommend Gay ti to anyone, unless your ok with have bad products, followed by worse customer support. Also, XFX is a good company as well, but i dont think they make i7 mother boards.. But still XFX is recommended as well for core 2 people... But for i7 boards .... EVGA..... the bios isnt really that tricky, even if you have no clue what your doing... Plus if you have questions as far as evga and bios ask me ... lol ... I just find there boards extremely easy to overclock and have owned 3 boards by them and not one has failed... I am firm believer that you get what you pay for.... So if you go cheap do not expect High End results, but this is not always the case ...
m
l
April 22, 2011 3:02:44 PM

How do you guys feel about this mobo? I'm no expert. Just shopping around.

ASRock X58 Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

m
l
April 22, 2011 7:57:22 PM

If you really want the ultimate X58 PLATFORM & sure the ultimate OVERCLOCKING Platform for your I7 well ASUS is the Choice to go just pick one of these:

1- ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME BLACK EDITION.
2- ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME.
3- ASUS RAMPAGE III FORMULA.
4- ASUS RAMPAGE III GENE.

P.S about the EVGA, well its a good choice but not overclocking friendly like (ASUS BOARDS) for one reason only "NOT ALWAYS LOTS OF ANNOYING SETTINGS WELL BE BETTER SOMETIMES MORE SIMPLE SETTINGS WILL BE FAR MORE BETTER" & ASUS ROCKS.
about the GIGABYTE UD9, well honestly as 1st GIGABYTE BIOS is any how solid like ASUS, 2nd of all why 7 PCI SLOTS??? when they can put some more aggressive features for die hard overclokers just like what ASUS is SHOWING & the R3E is a solid example: CES 2011 INNOVATION, DESIGN + ENGINEERING AWARD, that not coming across the 3D MARK HALL OF FAME at the end world records are broken every single day and the latest MAXIMUS IV EXTREME SET THE A NEW WORLD RECORD FOR I7 2600K (SANDY-BRIDGE) 6.1GHZ.
ASUS ROCKS.
m
l
April 22, 2011 8:01:59 PM

If you really want the ultimate X58 PLATFORM & sure the ultimate OVERCLOCKING Platform for your I7 well ASUS is the Choice to go just pick one of these:

1- ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME BLACK EDITION.
2- ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME.
3- ASUS RAMPAGE III FORMULA.
4- ASUS RAMPAGE III GENE.

P.S about the EVGA, well its a good choice but not overclocking friendly like (ASUS BOARDS) for one reason only "NOT ALWAYS LOTS OF ANNOYING SETTINGS WELL BE BETTER SOMETIMES MORE SIMPLE SETTINGS WILL BE FAR MORE BETTER" & ASUS ROCKS.
about the GIGABYTE UD9, well honestly as 1st GIGABYTE BIOS isn't any how solid yet stable like ASUS, 2nd of all why 7 PCI SLOTS??? when they can put some more aggressive features for die hard overclokers just like what ASUS is SHOWING & the R3E is a solid example: CES 2011 INNOVATION, DESIGN + ENGINEERING AWARD, that not coming across the 3D MARK HALL OF FAME at the end world records are broken every single day and the latest MAXIMUS IV EXTREME SET THE A NEW WORLD RECORD FOR I7 2600K (SANDY-BRIDGE) 6.1GHZ.
ASUS ROCKS.
m
l
April 25, 2011 2:42:29 AM

Best motherboard? It obviously depends on particular needs..But, it would look something like this..taking price/performance/features into consideration

Gigabyte X58- OC (orange) (Amazing overcloking ability..not so much for gaming)
Gigabyte G1 Assassin (Gigabytes version of the ROG boards from Asus...excellent sound/Killer NIC from BF)
Asus Rampage 3 Extreme Black Edition (Beautiful board with great oc features and Thunderbolt attachment for enhanced sound/lan)

There are more, but considering the time frame..they are not worth mentioning..but, R3E/UD7/UD9/EVGA Classified SR-2 are great...but, old news
m
l
!