Shortcut keys are screwing up all my work

DD46

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
Hello,
I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 running Windows XP and in Microsoft Word 2003, Thunderbird, and sometimes other programs, when I type Shift-B (it just happened now again in this message!), the cursor jumps to some other place on the screen. In Thunderbird it opens a second e-mail when I'm writing one.

I see that many other people on the internet mentioned similar problems. Any answers that don't require programming or expert PC knowledge?
Thanks!

DD46

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
Hi Ken,
I read that link (though the sticky keys section kept disappearing!). I checked in Accessibility Options, and sticky keys are not selected. Any other thoughts? Someone thought I had a virus, but I did a virus scan and nothing came up. This started after I my hard drive crashed, I had a new hard drive installed and XP was reinstalled. That's when my trouble began (last July or so!). I sometimes want to throw this computer out the window!
thanks...

DD46

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

Hi Ken,
No, I haven't. Maybe I can borrow one from someone to test it out. My hard drive was just replaced AGAIN, and the problem is still there. Very frustrating. I'll look into your suggestion.
Thanks.