Adding Custom Menu Items to the Right-Click Menu

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

I would like to add an item to the Right-Click menu for the .bmp file type.
I have done this with other file types by going to Folder Options -> File
Types -> Advanced. However, when I select the BMP file type from the list,
the window displays the following message:

You have customized files with extension 'BMP'. To restore these files to
their default type (Bitmap Image), click Restore.

Where there would normally be a button called Advanced, the BMP file type
displays a Restore button. I do not want to remove anything any of my
software may have added to the BMP file type, but I want to be able to add
customizations myself without doing it from the Registry (even though I do
know how to add them using the Registry, it is easier and quicker this way).
What can I do to get the Advanced button back? I believe the two pieces of
software that have added Right-Click menu items to BMP are Adobe Photoshop
and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

You used Open With. Open With supercedes file associations (for opening only). Click restore, edit file association, fix the open command properly or reuse Open With. Change is also Open With in that dialog.

http://www.uscricket.com
"Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OMBB$caCFHA.904@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I would like to add an item to the Right-Click menu for the .bmp file type.
> I have done this with other file types by going to Folder Options -> File
> Types -> Advanced. However, when I select the BMP file type from the list,
> the window displays the following message:
>
> You have customized files with extension 'BMP'. To restore these files to
> their default type (Bitmap Image), click Restore.
>
> Where there would normally be a button called Advanced, the BMP file type
> displays a Restore button. I do not want to remove anything any of my
> software may have added to the BMP file type, but I want to be able to add
> customizations myself without doing it from the Registry (even though I do
> know how to add them using the Registry, it is easier and quicker this way).
> What can I do to get the Advanced button back? I believe the two pieces of
> software that have added Right-Click menu items to BMP are Adobe Photoshop
> and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003. Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks.
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> njsokalski@hotmail.com