Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 install gigabyte motherboard

Last response: in Windows 7
October 28, 2011 4:52:40 PM

Hello,I started everything up and entered my new OS disk,thenit says 'loading operating system...' for not even a second then goes on to say'system boot failure, insert system disk and press enter' I re enter the disk but then it says 'disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter'. I don't know what to do, I've gone into BIOS and but the cdrom as the first boot device also but nothing seems to work... Can i have some help? everything is brand new and my motherboard is GA-970A-UD3 AMD type
October 28, 2011 5:22:04 PM

Boot from the OS disk.
October 28, 2011 6:14:59 PM

HI.
Make the first boot device not the cd option but scroll down till you find the name of your dvd/cd drive manufacturer further down the list of boot options select it reboot and hopefully you win install should start.
caught me out this one

AL
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
October 28, 2011 10:51:37 PM

Try that^^^
November 7, 2011 11:11:47 AM

sidewinder65 said:
Hello,I started everything up and entered my new OS disk,thenit says 'loading operating system...' for not even a second then goes on to say'system boot failure, insert system disk and press enter' I re enter the disk but then it says 'disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter'. I don't know what to do, I've gone into BIOS and but the cdrom as the first boot device also but nothing seems to work... Can i have some help? everything is brand new and my motherboard is GA-970A-UD3 AMD type

I have the same motherboard and get Loading Operating System, Boot from CD/DVD, then Windows 7 boots. If I put a USB in one of the usb ports then I get disk error. Instead of Windows booting. I haven't figured it out. I will check o the order that is in BIOS but I will not give much heed to that since no motherboard builder talks much about bios since it is not theirs. I will get back later later after a little more experimenting. :pt1cable: 

My options in bios for boot :
EFI CD/DVD - Auto
USB HDD First
CD ROM Second
HDD Third

I didn't get system boot failure but I got disk error when I put a boot able usb in one of the usb slots. And it hasnt' booted with a bootable usb yet. Does your machine boot from dvd or cd from another other source. If you have access to a linux distribution then that may help you with the problem. I use parted magic and it can show you much about your system but you have to be able to boot first.

Also, you may have a bad CD/DVD if it cannot find the system????? That is another reason to use another boot able CD/DVD. You need to try the CD in another machine to find out for sure.

System boot failure -> says usually no operating system installed. Gigabyte's messages are not like most of the other motherboards. Like Disk Error what I get with boot able usb.
!