Windows 7 install gigabyte motherboard

Hello,I started everything up and entered my new OS disk,thenit says 'loading operating system...' for not even a second then goes on to say'system boot failure, insert system disk and press enter' I re enter the disk but then it says 'disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter'. I don't know what to do, I've gone into BIOS and but the cdrom as the first boot device also but nothing seems to work... Can i have some help? everything is brand new and my motherboard is GA-970A-UD3 AMD type
4 answers Last reply
More about windows install gigabyte motherboard
  1. Boot from the OS disk.
  2. HI.
    Make the first boot device not the cd option but scroll down till you find the name of your dvd/cd drive manufacturer further down the list of boot options select it reboot and hopefully you win install should start.
    caught me out this one

AL
  3. Try that^^^
  4. sidewinder65 said:
    Hello,I started everything up and entered my new OS disk,thenit says 'loading operating system...' for not even a second then goes on to say'system boot failure, insert system disk and press enter' I re enter the disk but then it says 'disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter'. I don't know what to do, I've gone into BIOS and but the cdrom as the first boot device also but nothing seems to work... Can i have some help? everything is brand new and my motherboard is GA-970A-UD3 AMD type

I have the same motherboard and get Loading Operating System, Boot from CD/DVD, then Windows 7 boots. If I put a USB in one of the usb ports then I get disk error. Instead of Windows booting. I haven't figured it out. I will check o the order that is in BIOS but I will not give much heed to that since no motherboard builder talks much about bios since it is not theirs. I will get back later later after a little more experimenting. :pt1cable:

My options in bios for boot :
    EFI CD/DVD - Auto
    USB HDD First
    CD ROM Second
    HDD Third

I didn't get system boot failure but I got disk error when I put a boot able usb in one of the usb slots. And it hasnt' booted with a bootable usb yet. Does your machine boot from dvd or cd from another other source. If you have access to a linux distribution then that may help you with the problem. I use parted magic and it can show you much about your system but you have to be able to boot first.

Also, you may have a bad CD/DVD if it cannot find the system????? That is another reason to use another boot able CD/DVD. You need to try the CD in another machine to find out for sure.

System boot failure -> says usually no operating system installed. Gigabyte's messages are not like most of the other motherboards. Like Disk Error what I get with boot able usb.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Boot Failure Windows 7