Sign in with
Your question

What does hard disk drivers 2 mean

Last response: in Storage
July 17, 2012 6:49:06 PM

Hello,
When I click "computer" to check how much storage space I have on hard disk C, It says at the top "hard disk drivers (2). Does this mean that the capacity shown is doubled? It gives the capacity as "1.33 GB Free of 452 GB. When this dilk runs out of space will another start storing info and how do I regain space on the one it is showing?

More about : hard disk drivers

a b G Storage
July 17, 2012 6:58:23 PM

You should see directly below that, 2 drives - Local Disk C: and Local Disk D: (or some other drive letter)

are they there?
m
l
a b G Storage
July 17, 2012 7:00:40 PM

WOW, that drive is FULL. Unless you have a RAID JBOD set up, when the drive is full, it will start overwriting the existing data on the drive.
The most effeetive way of freeing up space is deleteing information (Files) that you don't need.
m
l
Related resources
July 17, 2012 7:02:01 PM

You may have to expand the screen by clicking on the little black arrow to the LEFT of the part that says "hard disk drives (2)"

Fungi
m
l
July 17, 2012 7:03:49 PM

Hard drives DO NOT overwrite data when they are full, they simply need to have data removed, it is not automatic and your computer will not switch to using a new drive just because the old one is full.

Fungi

ps time for some summer cleaning;)
m
l
July 17, 2012 10:58:00 PM

funguseater said:
Hard drives DO NOT overwrite data when they are full, they simply need to have data removed, it is not automatic and your computer will not switch to using a new drive just because the old one is full.

Fungi

ps time for some summer cleaning;)

How do you determine which files you can delete. How do find out what the files do for you.
m
l
July 17, 2012 11:04:30 PM

dingo07 said:
You should see directly below that, 2 drives - Local Disk C: and Local Disk D: (or some other drive letter)

are they there?

Yes they are there. I know I should clean it out by deleting files I do not need but I do not know how to determine which files I can safely delete . Is there a website that has a list or will help ;you determine which ones you can delete? How do you find out what the individual files do?
m
l
!