What does hard disk drivers 2 mean

model 67a

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Hello,
When I click "computer" to check how much storage space I have on hard disk C, It says at the top "hard disk drivers (2). Does this mean that the capacity shown is doubled? It gives the capacity as "1.33 GB Free of 452 GB. When this dilk runs out of space will another start storing info and how do I regain space on the one it is showing?

dingo07

Distinguished
WOW, that drive is FULL. Unless you have a RAID JBOD set up, when the drive is full, it will start overwriting the existing data on the drive.
The most effeetive way of freeing up space is deleteing information (Files) that you don't need.

funguseater

Distinguished
Hard drives DO NOT overwrite data when they are full, they simply need to have data removed, it is not automatic and your computer will not switch to using a new drive just because the old one is full.

Fungi

ps time for some summer cleaning;)

model 67a

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

How do you determine which files you can delete. How do find out what the files do for you.

model 67a

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

Yes they are there. I know I should clean it out by deleting files I do not need but I do not know how to determine which files I can safely delete . Is there a website that has a list or will help ;you determine which ones you can delete? How do you find out what the individual files do?