I am finishing my homebuild and have the catalyst control center updated. My display is blurry in some windows and not filling the whole screen (about an inch of black bars on the perimeter). I saw a post that recommended the following:
"It took months for me to find this on the web, so I thought I would share it here, the first hit for 'ATI Black Bars windows 7' on Google.
1) Open Catalyst Control Center
2) Use the drop down box at the top to click on Desktops and Displays
3) At the very bottom where your monitors are displayed, click on the little black arrow and click "Configure". Note that if configure does not appear, you are clicking on the wrong black triangle (you must use the one in the very bottom section).
4) This will bring up properties for that display. Choose "Full Screen" or "Maintain aspect ratio", whatever your preference. If you are getting black bars on all sides, you are likely on "Centered".
5) IF THE OPTIONS ARE GREYED OUT, as they were when I first tried this, the workaround is to lower your display resolution before attempting the above. Once you have changed the setting, you can return your display resolution back to whatever you like and the setting will remain as your display changes (movies, games, etc)."
However, when I lower the resolution to access the greyed out options, the window doesn't fit on my display so I cant see or click on the triangle that lets me configure.
Windows 7 64-bit
Dell 2410 (not ultrasharp)
Diamond 1GB Radeon 5870
Asus p58 premium
6 GB Mushkin 1866