Sign in with
Your question

Kingston Memory issue

Last response: in Memory
February 19, 2011 5:43:08 PM

Hi to evryone!
I'm encountering a problem with a Kingston Memory. I have a RAM memory in my computer, Kingston Kingston KVR533D2N4/1G, DDR2-533, CL4-240Pin DIMM which is working fine. I want to add a second one, identical with the one I have right now- everything is identical (KVR533D2N4/1G, DDR2-533, CL4-240Pin DIMM ).
The new memory doesn't wan't to boot with my computer even when I want to use it by itself . In pair with the old one the computer boots but I can see only 1G (that' the old one). I checked the new memory in another computer and it works, so the memory is not bad.
In my motherboard's manual (Asus P5VDC-MX) it says specifically that I can use KVR533D2N4/1G, single, or in pair with another one the same.
What seems to be the problem?
Thank you

More about : kingston memory issue

a c 347 } Memory
February 19, 2011 6:18:15 PM

Welcome to Tom's Forum! :) 

So I understand it correctly, if you replace the 'new' stick in the same slot as the 'old' stick it won't boot - right?

Then shutdown the PC, install both sticks - next Clear CMOS.
Manual page 1-23 '1.9 Jumper' http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/P5VDC-MX/...

Boot into the BIOS and update the Date & Time plus any other settings you had prior to the reset. If necessary set the DRAM Frequency & DRAM Timing, see page 2-21, RAM = 'Clock Cycle Time (tCK) CL=4' 533MHz.

Good Luck!
m
l
February 19, 2011 7:55:17 PM

Hi!

Thanks for welcoming me on the forum :) 

Yes, when I'm using only the new stick the system won't boot, and when I'm putting back only the old stick, the system boots but I'm getting first an error message saying something like this : " Overclocking failed. Press F2 to boot with original settings", and then the system starts normally. But I'm not trying to do any overclocking....:( 
OK, I'll try to clear the CMOS and update settings.

Thanks alot for your fast response.
m
l
!