I have XP Pro with SP2 installed and now have 2 applications, Quicken and
National Geographic Topo that use the Installshield to load their
applications and I get a wizard interupted before finishing error when
attempting to install both of these apps but have installed other apps using
the same wizard.
any suggestions?

thanks,
Jack

So far I have spent 5 hours in several separate calls to MS trying to resolve a
similar problem. In my case the install starts up and then an error window
appears, saying "The InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be launched.
Access is denied." There has been no satisfactory resolution. I was instructed
to call InstallShield support (1-847-413-2896). And I will, come Monday.
However, there are signs that my system is terminal and I intend to switch to a
different disk and re-install my software.

rs

"Jack in Mountain View" <Jack in Mountain View@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:A3AE644E-E105-4205-8D4C-7EE82CEF072D@microsoft.com...