Computer psu repair

G

Hello,
first my computer is hanging and then i am restart the computer my computer make noise then i am reset that my computer notwork psu not work

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Well, first of all, check the LED on the motherboard. If there's power coming from the PSU, the LED should lit.

I'm not very clear though about your explanation.

- What kind of noise?
- Not working as in not at all or only the lights light up but no picture on the screen?

Sort of, but not exactly.

The "sort of" part ... The motherboard LED is powered by the small, always on 5 volt standby power supply. It provides initial startup voltages to the rest of the PSU.

The "not exactly" part ... It has nothing to do with the main section of the PSU that provides operating power to the computer.

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010

Well, I was actually referring to the condition of the PSU, whether or not it's totally dead. A partially functioning PSU didn't really came across my mind, since I don't know if a PSU can be partially functioning only on standby 5V yet can't supply any power through the connectors. AFAIK, the 5V supply also came from the main 20/24 pin connector. But maybe you know about this better than I am. :D

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010

I've never seen a motherboard without a power standby signal LED, but maybe you've seen it. :heink:

As for the b part, I'm with you 100%.

TRENDING THREADS