Administrator Documents and Setting file access denied

I am logged on as a computer administrator, but when I select the
Administrator folder in Documents I get a File Access Denied error message.
I get the same message when I try to change the permissions, rights or
security settings on the folder. How can I give myself access to this
folder?

pamela

"Pamela Thalacker" <pamela@eagle-crest.com> wrote:

>I am logged on as a computer administrator, but when I select the
>Administrator folder in Documents I get a File Access Denied error message.
>I get the same message when I try to change the permissions, rights or
>security settings on the folder. How can I give myself access to this
>folder?

See "How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421). Even Administrators do
not have access to other users's files and folders if these accounts
are password-protected and the files/folders are not shared.

--
(tm)