Sign in with
Your question

90 Degree Sata

Last response: in Components
August 1, 2010 5:21:27 PM

My motherboard is an XFX 750i, and the SATA outputs on the board are 90 degrees. This would not be a problem except that it is almost right where my hard drive bay is on my Ultra Mid Tower. Because of this, my regular SATA cable only barely fits. It works, but I'd like to find a 90 degree cable.

Problem: All the 90 degree cables I find are based on the 90 degree part being placed into the hard drive, not the board. So if I placed the 90 degree part into the board, it would face the cable downward, which is even worse than what I have now. Has anyone found a 90 degree cable that can be plugged into the board to face up?

Thanks!

More about : degree sata

Related resources
August 1, 2010 5:39:23 PM

Thank you for all your responses! I figure while we're on the topic, is there such a thing as a SATA cable that goes to the left or right, rather than straight out the back?
m
l
August 1, 2010 5:47:52 PM

I can't recall seeing anything like that. And I'm wondering why not? I see what you're getting at.

And no google hits on horizontal or parallel sata connectors.
m
l
August 1, 2010 5:49:41 PM

WR2 said:
I can't recall seeing anything like that. And I'm wondering why not? I see what you're getting at.

And no google hits on horizontal or parallel sata connectors.

They really should do 360 degree SATA cables.
m
l
August 1, 2010 5:50:52 PM

Im pretty sure SATA cables need all of the wires to be the same length to work properly so doing a bend in the same plane as the cable would have the outside ones being longer so you would need to do the opposite bend at the top and i think that would be a bit trickier to make and deal with.
m
l
August 1, 2010 5:51:42 PM

Yes I wonder why not as well. I thought about it because my SATA outputs are stacked in a 2x2 box, meaning that even though the 270 cable is a solution, I'm still left with only two usable ports.
m
l
August 1, 2010 5:59:28 PM

If it's too much to deal with it might be easier to get one of those PCI or PCI-e SATA add-in cards. They're not very expensive.
m
l
August 1, 2010 6:00:02 PM

Hmmmmmm.... or maybe a new case? One with a bit extra room?
m
l
August 1, 2010 7:18:38 PM

Case was only purchased a few months ago, and money is tight. Thank you all for the replies!
m
l
!