Graphic Card Concerns

ckimsem

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
I have been searching online for a while. The more I searched, the more confused I got. Could anyone help me?

1. The Intel Core i3 and i5-6xx series have integrated graphics on it. Do them need a discrete graphic card installed when using with P55 chipset motherboards?

2. H55, H57, and Q57 motherboards have integrated graphic. Do them also need a discrete graphic cards installed when using with the Intel core i5-750 processors?

3. And core i3/i5-6xx series and H55, h57, and Q57 motherboards. All of them have integrated graphics. So, if using them together, we can run the PC without a discrete graphic cards installed, am I correct?

1.- Yep, the P55 doesn't have the pins/tech/knowledge to work with the on-CPU graphics.

2 & 3.- When you have an "integrated graphics solution" is very simple: you will get video from the thing without a discrete video card at all.

Cheers!

ckimsem

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
2 & 3.- When you have an "integrated graphics solution" is very simple: you will get video from the thing without a discrete video card at all.

Sorry for my stupidity. What do you mean by "integrated graphics solusion"?

Do you mean each and every motherboard (e.g. H55/H57 mobo) that has integrated graphics will work without a discrete graphic cards installed - whether or not the CPU has integrated graphics?