My system start working when I plug power cord

mfaridi128

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
I use ASUS M2N-PLUS SLI and with 4GB of corsair DDR800 and NVIDIA Gforce 8500 and and three hard disk one of them is Wester digital 500GB SATA and another is 200 GB PATA Samsung and another is Maxtor 80GB SATA and Power 780 Watt.
I have this problem
when I plug cable power into power , my system began start without any action , I only hear fans of CASE began ON and working without no beep, and nothing happen after 25 second my system OFF and I start my computer with ON button of CASE,
for first time I think problem make by power so I change it , but I have that problem again.
I change RAM and buy new RAM , last one was Crucial . but still , I have this problem and my system start working and after 25 second or 30 Second off , automatically , and after that I can start system with On button of case and I can use it .
How I can solve this problem ?

johnnyq1233

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
Why would you unplug the power cord in the first place?
Some mother boards do that when power is first applied, but then shut down....Don't unplug the power cord from the computer...just select shut down on the start menu....

mfaridi128

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
thanks
but I want understand is this normal or no , or my system and my hardware has problem and I have fix it before it can make problem for me and I lose some hardware or data

mfaridi128

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011

thanks
but I want understand is this normal or no , or my system and my hardware has problem and I have fix it before it can make problem for me and I lose some hardware or data

mfaridi128

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011

thanks
So you say this normal and I do not have hardware problem , I do not like lose data or hardware and I want fix it before bad thing is happen to me

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Yes, if this only happens when you plug in the power cable, then it sounds like the feature used on some boards, and is perfectly normal.

If, on the other hand, this happens every time you power on the PC, it sounds like an overclock gone bad, and the motherboard (BIOS) recovers by rebooting, if this is the case, you need to go through the BIOS options, possibly resetting it to get it working correctly, but from the sound of it, this is not the case.